SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Promo Dragonmaster Set of 5 plus Dragonlord now avalible!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissTiffany
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Promo Dragonmaster Set of 5 plus Dragonlord now avalible! Reply with quote

Due to demand the Promo Dragonmaster Set is now avalible for purchase from our website. You get all 5 Dragonmasters and the Dragonlord. Everything is the same as the Production Dragonmasters except the ink colors. These dice will only be avaliable for a limited time so buy yours now!

Miss Tiffany
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm soooo happy to see this!!! It's great that SFR offers the rare promos again, because as a collector I always love to see the value of my collection dice busted!!!Evil or Very Mad

Just tried to trade some and he didn't want them! He said "A while ago I would have traded them in very expensive, but now I've just ordered them from SFR"!
Evil or Very Mad

Okay, they're still rare, but if you do it once you might do it again!

I know that there's a certain number of dice which were produced and we're probably talking about the leftovers here, but of course it would make them much more valuable if they were - like before - just available at certain conventions.

Now they are available on the official website, for everybody! Where's the use of the previously "special offer for forum members" now????

Sorry, but I'm disappointed about this decision!

Forum Games Record: W 5 / L 10

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
MikeD
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the difference is that once the PROMOs are gone, they are gone the others will be probably be reprinted.
I do not know, but look at it from SFRs prospective, if you are a company that has product sitting around, you would like to move it, so you can get money to do something else. Just have patience, I'm sure the PROMO masters will increase in value once the SFR stock is depleted and the company will have the money to do other things.

Also, I've always operated from the idea that my collection is to be enjoyed first and as an investment second.

Regards,
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goldbh
common

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinks Exclamation

I would of sold them on the web site for a lot more than the original 'Offer' price.

But then again - I don't know how many sets are left !!!!
karoath
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to consider is that Dragon Diceâ„¢ is still a game (not just a paradise for collectors). I certainly don't mind a small degree of rarity, but don't feel that I should be required to pay exorbitant amounts of money in order to get many of the components to play the game. The unseelie is a great example of this... I'd love to own one since it looks interesting and useful in a game. Yet I'll likely never own one because it is priced in excess of $300. From a gamers perspective, this is very annoying since some elements of the game have become "unattainable" for the masses. I am glad to see some dice re-released so that gamers may purchase the dice (without breaking the bank) and consequently enjoy the game more because of the additions. I hate to say it, but collectible games aren't always the safest investments since they serve a dual purpose.
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very glad they made them available, as I didn't have any. And I don't quite understand the problem. They didn't make any more of them, so they are still just as rare as they were before. Just instead of them sitting in the SFR warehouse, they are now available to collectors.

If they had announced they were going to make more identical Dragonmaster promos, then I would understand the complaint. But these were already made. Keeping them in SFR possession just doesn't make sense. Really, the sooner they sell out of them, the better it will be for value anyways.

Shoe
goldbh
common

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully understand that there is no point they sitting gathering dust, but if they were sold for more than the offer price then SFR makes a bit more and the 'special offer' members are happy(ish) too.

Who started this anyway Question Deeghter Rolling Eyes
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see much of a problem with the price either. If they want to actually sell them, they certainly couldn't make them much more expensive than the original price and still expect to sell many. On the other hand, if they had done what many "stores" would have done with older merchandise, then they would have put them on "clearance" or something. I think what they did was a good balance.

shoe
goldbh
common

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the point of the 'Members Only - Special Offers' is to get the dice sooner than everyone else? Rolling Eyes
Drachenwurfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand the problems of both sides.

SFR had some sets laying there, they were good for nothing.
In Germany we speak from Dead Money.

But if you get them two years ago, it was something of an "Insider club" and that's pretty cool.

But, and i know Deeghter will hate me for this Embarassed , Nobody must buy 6 sets two years ago, and hope some poor other guy, that don't get them at that time, will buy them expensive.
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:25 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drachenwürfel wrote:

But, and i know Deeghter will hate me for this Embarassed , Nobody must buy 6 sets two years ago, and hope some poor other guy, that don't get them at that time, will buy them expensive.

First of all, there were only three sets for each member, and second: I didn't buy them for THAT purpose. I'm not THAT mean kinda guy Wink , but I was glad to have gotten dice others couldn't get that easy.

I say again: Nobody expects SFR to sit on dead money, of course not, I wouldn't!! But making them THAT EASILY available distroys most of the previous advantage from a collector's point of view.
Don't tell me that you would buy or trade for an Unseelie just because it's so beautyful and so useful in the game! Of course you would be proud to have one, since others can't get them so easily, right? Same with me regarding the promos!
Of course I can understand that everybody who didn't get any is VERY HAPPY now! I would be, too, if I was them!
But the original offer was a "special offer for forum members", others could get the dice at GenCon ONLY (which makes them very wanted in Europe and hence very valuable if you should decide to trade some few in for other dice, like I did afterwards).

It was just a general statement of mine that I wasn't happy about THIS decision. I'm sure there could have been other ways to get rid of the leftovers. And a forum like this is also meant to deliver feedback to SFR.

And sorry, I AM A COLLECTOR, so of course I care about the value of my dice as well as I am happy to have a die others can't get that easily, without necessarily considering them a future investment.
Especially here in Germany, where DD still is dead and where the dice can't be found a lot!
As a totally nuts German collector yourself (I think you are, just like me Laughing ) I thought you'd understand. But then again, as I said above, if I would be the one NOT having gotten the dice those days, I'd be happy, too, when they all of a sudden show up for official sale!

P.S.: Of course I DON'T HATE YOU for this, LOL! Very Happy Very Happy
But I hate you for your COUNTER SAIs which drove me crazy on Friday! Shocked Wink Laughing Laughing

www.dragondicer.com
SFR's German electro-punk-bluegrass artist Deeghter @@ My S&JW Memorial Space! Tanx, Steve!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldbh wrote:
So the point of the 'Members Only - Special Offers' is to get the dice sooner than everyone else? Rolling Eyes
No the point of the "Members Only" was to let people that are active on the forums (i.e. some of our best customers), have a chance to get something that was offered at GenCon, if they could not go to GenCon.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Drachenwurfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i would be verry angry too if i had ordered them in 2005.
As i told, i do understand both sides.

By the way, does anybody know how many Promos are produced?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should learn not to ask such questions. Not because anyone will get angry, but because we will answer the question that you asked, not the question you want answered. Mr. Green

Yes, I know exactly how many Promos were produced. Twisted Evil

Oh, and it case you were wondering if we will tell anyone the exact number, the answer to that is that we can't tell you. Sad
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
You should learn not to ask such questions. Not because anyone will get angry, but because we will answer the question that you asked, not the question you want answered. Mr. Green

Fe, fe, fe, that's Chuck how we love him!Very Happy
Is there anybody in the forum who didn't get this answer (I mean, except Steve and Joe, they got banned south) Mr. Green Mr. Green

www.dragondicer.com
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have to disagree that anything was wrong about making the Promo Dragonmasters available again. I would agree with ALL of Deeghter's views if SFR had made more promo Dragonmasters, same ink, same everything, and then sold them again.

But they didn't do that. The Dragonmasters that are for sale, we have to trust, are from the initial (and only) batch made. This is a small game, so some trust is certainly in order. As an investment alone, Dragon Diceâ„¢ is NOT the place to be placing money. But as a fun collectible with pieces that can "raise in value", its great. And to be involved with it to the extent that you buy dice expecting them to raise in value, you really have to know, on some level, and trust the folks at SFR, who are really just Dragon Diceâ„¢ fans like you and me. They never said they didn't have any more Dragonmaster Promos in their inventory, so basing any value on only the ones sold so far would not have been very sound thinking investment-wise.

The "value" for Dragonmasters is still what it always was, because there are still the same amount of Dragnmaster Promos existing in the world as there was before (certainly no one expected SFR to destroy the ones that didn't sell during the initial offer). SFR does not report to us the production run. You know that before you buy. They (hopefully!) keep production runs small enough to make them ultimately desirable as collectibles, but not so small that they lose money by making them in the first place. So, they made what they made. They had some left (maybe more than they anticipated, I don't know) so they decided to put some more of there inventory up for sale again. It doesn't change how many exist, and it isn't really fair to tell them they can't sell them now for any price they want, when no one is telling the people who bought three sets during the initial offer how much they can sell theirs for. SFR wants people to buy the dice and expand the game. Even though they are again available for $25, this should STILL be good news, because the sooner SFR doesn't have anymore in stock, the sooner you really get a supply/demand going to actually change their real value.

I do not understand why some consider it wrong for them to offer them for sale on their web page, with a post in the forums indicating it. Why would it be better to make SFR sell them at GENCON? Why should someone who went to GENCON to play Dungeons and Dragons or some other game, and buys a set because they are a cool novelty or something, get the opportunity to get them, instead of a Dragon Diceâ„¢ Forum participant who never has had the chance to go to a GENCON? Why does it matter how they sell them at all? They should sell them BOTH ways. They need to sell them ALL. That is the only way they can 1) make back the investment they made by creating them and 2) get them "sold out" so they can really begin garnering some collectible value. If anyone thought they were gonna be expensive because SFR was going to sit on the ones that didn't sell, well, that just doesn't make sense.

As long as we are talking about INITIAL PRINT RUN Dragonmaster Promos (and I am sure we are), and there are no plans to CREATE anymore (I would definitely wager there aren't), then there really is no foul.

Shoe
goldbh
common

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
the answer to that is that we can't tell you. Sad

Can't or Won't Wink
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldbh wrote:
chuckpint wrote:
the answer to that is that we can't tell you. Sad

Can't or Won't Wink
At the time I wrote that, Can't. I was at work and didn't have the numbers. Now that I'm home, and can look up the number if I want, I Won't.

Happy? Mr. Green
Deeghter
rare

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
goldbh wrote:

Can't or Won't Wink
At the time I wrote that, Can't. I was at work and didn't have the numbers. Now that I'm home, and can look up the number if I want, I Won't.

Happy? Mr. Green

Do I repeat myself with this???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay, I got secret information:

More than 1 million were made!!!

...errr....

...or maybe I mix that up with the Volkswagen Beetle!? Embarassed Mr. Green Twisted Evil

www.dragondicer.com
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can't or Won't
Wink

Chuck won't. The rest of us can't unless we want to find mysterious messengers at our doorsteps at midnight.

But what the heck, I may as well let you know the actual total was
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: