SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White Dragon Breath example

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:59 am GMT    Post subject: White Dragon Breath example Reply with quote

Point 4 on the clarification for ivory and white dragons (the sticky) could use an example. If the following is correct, I recommend that Chuck edit it in:

"For example, at a Highland terrain that has been affected by a Deadlands spell (so the terrain is red, gold, and black), a White Dragon rolls Breath and inflicts red, gold, and black breaths on the army. After casualties are taken, the army's remaining units are eight common Lava Elves. During their next maneuver roll, they roll ID, ID, Maneuver x2, Maneuver x2, Maneuver, Maneuver, Save and Save. The ID icons are ignored because of the black breath's Disease effect, and the remaining six maneuver results are halved because of the gold breath's Turn to Stone effect. So the army produces 3 maneuvers. If the army had been rolling for saves with the Lava Elf racial ability to count maneuvers as saves, it would produce 5 saves, as compared to 7 without the black breath, 8 without the gold breath, or 10 without either."

Meanwhile, I didn't see an answer on this in that thread: do pure ivory dragons fight each other? Or do they literally never ever ever fight any other dragons no matter what?
Designer of Hybrid Dragon Breaths, the Enchant Element spell, new colored Dragonkin Breaths, and various homebrew races and dragons. If you want to know where to find them...good luck, I don't remember anymore.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put an example up on the sticky. I have something in mind, it will be slightly different that what you proposed.

rules wrote:
Ivory dragons never attack other dragons nor are ivory dragons ever attacked by other dragons.

I'm not sure what's unclear about this. Statements with "never" and "nor .. ever" are absolute statements, not much room to wiggle. Ivory dragon always fight the army at the terrain, and never fight any dragon.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
I'll put an example up on the sticky. I have something in mind, it will be slightly different that what you proposed.

That's probably for the best.

Yeah, I realized that the question was kinda dumb shortly after posting it. Since when do any dragons attack others of identical appearance? Well, now it's definitely clear. In a marginally less dumb vein, Ivory dragons are generally supposed to be impossible to get rid of except by killing them (Dragonlord excepted), so just to be clear I'll double-check this: when an Ivory Drake rolls its wings, does it still fly away? It's just that they can't be MOVED, right, they can still be removed from play the same as any other dragon. As I say, I'm just double-checking, 90% certain I know the answer.
Designer of Hybrid Dragon Breaths, the Enchant Element spell, new colored Dragonkin Breaths, and various homebrew races and dragons. If you want to know where to find them...good luck, I don't remember anymore.
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, an ivory drake will fly back to its summoning pool when it rolls wings.
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

willpell wrote:
chuckpint wrote:

That's probably for the best.

Yeah, I realized that the question was kinda dumb shortly after posting it. Since when do any dragons attack others of identical appearance? Well, now it's definitely clear. In a marginally less dumb vein, Ivory dragons are generally supposed to be impossible to get rid of except by killing them (Dragonlord excepted), so just to be clear I'll double-check this: when an Ivory Drake rolls its wings, does it still fly away? It's just that they can't be MOVED, right, they can still be removed from play the same as any other dragon. As I say, I'm just double-checking, 90% certain I know the answer.

willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another thing that's news to me - Wings do damage now! I suspect this is for the best, but it is a curious change; used to be, a Drake had a 1 in 3 chance of rolling a non-damaing result, while Wyrms were reliable for only doing so 1 in 4 times. Now Wyrms are still 1 in 4, but Drakes are only 1 in 6! With Wings dealing damage, suddenly Drakes are the deadly ones?

I used to assume that if you wanted to summon dragons, you used Wyrms, and if you didn't have the magic to summon dragons and just wanted to bring something that would be minimally damaging to you if your opponent summoned it, you brought Drakes to the table. Now I'm no longer sure which one is safer. The Drakes still have good odds of going away, but they won't leave you unscathed in the process.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

willpell wrote:
The Drakes still have good odds of going away, but they won't leave you unscathed in the process.

Your thought process is sound, which is why drakes were made deadlier. they are no longer the 'safe' option.

however, unless you are playing 24health and have your armies split up.... or you are just playing with NO saves at all. even wing damage is easily avoided.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: