SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whooooaaaaa....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado USA "My dice are higher than your dice!"

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Whooooaaaaa.... Reply with quote

Check it out, Steve-O...

I'm getting up there now. I only need 26 more posts to break 300.

Cool, eh?

Laughing

Most people are like Slinkies ...
Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only need 26 more posts to break 300.

Hey, and I only need 2 more to break 600. That'd make a nice problem for the algebra class I'm subbing for next week: "Joe has made x posts to the SFR Forum, and Steve has made y posts. If Joe makes 26 more, and Steve makes 2 more, Steve will have exactly twice as many posts as Joe. Together they will need to make 100 more posts to reach 1000. What is (1) the percentage chance that Chuck would exile them both if they weren't already posting under "Off-Topic" and (2) the probability that their posts will get deleted?"
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:56 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDiceRC wrote:
Hey, and I only need 2 more to break 600. That'd make a nice problem for the algebra class I'm subbing for next week: "Joe has made x posts to the SFR Forum, and Steve has made y posts. If Joe makes 26 more, and Steve makes 2 more, Steve will have exactly twice as many posts as Joe. Together they will need to make 100 more posts to reach 1000. What is (1) the percentage chance that Chuck would exile them both if they weren't already posting under "Off-Topic" and (2) the probability that their posts will get deleted?"

Answers:

1. Chuck will not only exile them, he'll hunt them down and confiscate all of their dice for one year.

2. Better than average.

Hey, lookit that! Now I only need 24! Laughing

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Chuck will not only exile them, he'll hunt them down and confiscate all of their dice for one year.

This answer is not technically correct. Notice it was a hypothetical situation, because of the phrasing of the question. The correct answer is "Chuck would not only exile them, he'd hunt them down and confiscate all of their dice for one year." Even though this is math, you have to use the proper grammatical tenses.

Quote:
2. Better than average.

As Alex Trebek would say, "More specific." Do you mean better than average for a regular poster, or better than average for Steve and Joe?

(Oh, and I crossed the 600 line-among others, I'm sure.)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDiceRC wrote:
This answer is not technically correct. Notice it was a hypothetical situation, because of the phrasing of the question. The correct answer is "Chuck would not only exile them, he'd hunt them down and confiscate all of their dice for one year." Even though this is math, you have to use the proper grammatical tenses.

I failed every math course I ever took, and you're giving me this? How about I go back and point out every misspelled word and improper use of grammar in your posts, Bucko?

Quote:
As Alex Trebek would say, "More specific." Do you mean better than average for a regular poster, or better than average for Steve and Joe?

However you want to look at it. Personally, I think we're posting on borrowed time from here on out.

Majiken
uncommon
Esteemed Author
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and now I only need 22.... Twisted Evil

ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I failed every math course I ever took, and you're giving me this? How about I go back and point out every misspelled word and improper use of grammar in your posts, Bucko?

Sure, go right ahead. I'm notorious for editing my posts "ex post facto" to make all my critics look silly. (Then again, you could go do this to me on this post if you really wanted to, although I've already quoted your post, which would mean to critique all my posts you'd have to make new posts that quote my old posts, then post the critiques under the posts that quote my posts, which would create new posts with errors, which would probably get you up to 600 posts pretty quickly...)

Quote:
However you want to look at it. Personally, I think we're posting on borrowed time from here on out.

OK, this is an absolutely true statement that is worth at least double extra credit. Smile
ddicerc
rare
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, and now I only need 22....

To which Chuck will undoubtedly reply something like:

" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Get my drift?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Totally off-topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: