SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back Order

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 am GMT    Post subject: Back Order Reply with quote

We continuously get reports from players that their local gamestore can't carry the game because it is on 'back order'. I know this isn't true, because I know how many dice are just waiting to be shipped from the SFR warehouse. I know how many dice are sitting at our distributors just waiting to be shipped.

This is one of the biggest items that is holding SFR back. How can any game store carry our product if they can't get it? To a game store 'back order' is the same as a dead game and in our case is completely untrue.

I need ideas on how we can change the local game stores minds.

How we can change the various distributors minds.

thoughts from our retails out there?
evylution
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:43 am GMT    Post subject: we demand our Dragon Diceâ„¢! Reply with quote

the store i rep at almost always has the product i want in stock. while the owner didn't buy 5 cases of product right away...she bought some and we snatched it all up.
the presence of players inside the store only validates the presence of the game. if the product sat on the shelves after they went ahead and made the initial purchase, i wouldn't want to have it on the shelves either.
the players should get your information and pass it to the store so they can deal with you directly-- if their warehouses aren't doing their jobs. cut out the silly middleman if the middleman doesn't want to do his job,which is supply a product. if the distributors are being circumvented and start to lose money- that will change their minds.
the players should be vocal about what they want their stores to carry; and if the store is smart, they will supply the demand. i honestly don't know any millionaire game store owners. i would think if they want to keep their electricity on, they would listen to the players-- but the players also have to buy. my store owner cleaned out two warehouses for us. they'll do it they just need to be nudged and reassured that it's not going to be a non-return investment. the players can also tell the store owners exactly what they want and have them hold it for them or even pre-order it to lessen the fears of the seller not being able to move the product. as soon as the product hits the shelves players have to buy... that will get the ball rolling. i have to admit we had to move the product so our owner saw we meant business... now we have at least 7-10 packs of scalders, treefolk, frostwings, and battelfields everytime i go in to demo and we buy out a lot.
if you rep at a store and have a mini-following like we do... have a sealed box tourney. that will move product and get everyone playing with dice they wouldn't normally use as well move product for the owner.
our first sealed tourney with five players used up 5 starter boxes at 18.00 for the owner. they see that in mass quantity they just sold almost 100$ of product. it worked for us. guess who's store has plenty of starter boxes now? mine.
p.s. i do want to give a shout out to Lori from Knightware in Los Angeles for working with us. i admit she was kinda skeptical when we approached her and told told her to make product purchases. i suppose no one wants to be told how to run their business and what they should have on the shelves, but it will be a win/win scenario. if the store owner is being a horse's behind that's another story. i do know some stores i won't step foot in because the owners are buffoons and have off-putting attitudes. just be kind and courteous and make good on the deals you make with the store owners-- if you get it, we will buy it.
dburkley
rare
Director

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Back Order Reply with quote

While I was at COLD WARS, I ran across an old friend who runs The Gamer's Realm in East Windsor, NJ, and he asked me about Dragon Diceâ„¢ being on back order. He deals primarily with Alliance, but also with Premier, and when he wanted to order some Dragon Diceâ„¢ products, he was told by both distributors that they were on backorder and unavailable.

He's not asking for much, so I can cover his needs for now - but that surprised me that Alliance would give him that response.
Battlefest Champion: DEXCON 2008, 2011, GENCON 2009, 2010 (co-champion), 2011, 2017)
"No Magicians": GENCON 2008
"Single Race": DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2010, 2011, 2014 (co-champion), 2017
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, send me a store address in pm and I'll send to Aldo, he's requested to be told when stuff like this happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Retailers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: