SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFR Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:43 pm GMT    Post subject: SFR Forums Reply with quote

I guess we'll see if this even sees the light of day, but hopefully the mod that reads it will at least take my message to heart if they choose not to allow it to be posted.

I think Dragon Dice™ is a fascinating game. The idea that dice can actually represent different types of "troops" and "armies" and whatnot is incredibly clever and I love it. I'm a sucker for custom dice and the gameplay is great. The game is fast-paced and easy to grasp, while allowing for subtlety and nuances that good strategy games bring to the table.

That being said, this forum makes me want to give up. When I can post a message and sit here, waiting for it to actually be read, accepted, and posted is aggravating. Then waiting for someone to reply, then have their post wait to be read, accepted, and posted is beyond aggravating.

Is there so much flaming going on here that mods can't keep up? If so, start laying down the ban hammer. If not, then there is no need for preemptive censorship.

I get it. It's easy to stop negative posts in the first place. But it can't be so overwhelming that normal moderation (like every other forum in the world uses) - including removal of posts, warnings, temporary bannings, and permanent bannings - should work just fine.

Then those of us that want to have discussions about the games and products you offer don't have to wait for moderators to allow simple messages like "Here's my army, what kind of changes can you guys recommend?" to be posted.

Please, for the sake of your products, for the sake of your customers, for the sake of the game, and for the sake of sanity, please stop requiring every post to require moderation.

Of course, perhaps it's merely because I'm a new user that I require moderating. If that's the case, feel free to let me know, and if you could add that to the FAQ it would have saved me the time spent writing this post.

Thanks for your time.

StormyWaters
dburkley
rare
Director

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: SFR Forums Reply with quote

stormywaters wrote:
That being said, this forum makes me want to give up. When I can post a message and sit here, waiting for it to actually be read, accepted, and posted is aggravating. Then waiting for someone to reply, then have their post wait to be read, accepted, and posted is beyond aggravating.
Thanks for your time.
StormyWaters

How long does it take until you see a response to your inquiry? My experience has varied from minutes to a day or two, but occasionally longer.

Rules inquiries are among the quickest topics to be responded to (including yours). I'm surprised at your reaction to forum moderators, which suggests some prior bitter experiences - but I honestly encourage you to have a bit more of an open mind when it comes to the SFR forums. There are quite a few sympathetic souls that share your appreciation and interest in the game and they are quite willing to share their advice and experiences (including the forum moderators).
Battlefest Champion (DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2009, 2011, co-champion GENCON 2010, 2017 DEXCON 2011)
"No Magicians" (GENCON 2008)
"Single Race" (DEXCON 2008, GENCON 2010, 2011, 2017, co-champion 2014)
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 am GMT    Post subject: Re: SFR Forums Reply with quote

dburkley wrote:
How long does it take until you see a response to your inquiry? My experience has varied from minutes to a day or two, but occasionally longer.

Rules inquiries are among the quickest topics to be responded to (including yours). I'm surprised at your reaction to forum moderators, which suggests some prior bitter experiences - but I honestly encourage you to have a bit more of an open mind when it comes to the SFR forums. There are quite a few sympathetic souls that share your appreciation and interest in the game and they are quite willing to share their advice and experiences (including the forum moderators).

It's not even that point. It's the fact that I don't know if someone has replied and just not been approved or what. I have no beef with the moderators, just irked that they have to preapprove posts before anyone can see them.

I'm sure there are plenty of nice people on these forums, so why are they being moderated before even posting? Why not moderate posts that are inappropriate, and let the rest of us discuss without waiting for their approval?
stormywaters
rare

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 am GMT    Post subject: Re: SFR Forums Reply with quote

dburkley wrote:

It's not even that point. It's the fact that I don't know if someone has replied and just not been approved or what. I have no beef with the moderators, just irked that they have to preapprove posts before anyone can see them.

I'm sure there are plenty of nice people on these forums, so why are they being moderated before even posting? Why not moderate posts that are inappropriate, and let the rest of us discuss without waiting for their approval?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forums are setup that until you have 5 posts accepted by a moderator, your posts have to be approved by a moderator. It's not about flame wars, it's about spam. I end up deleting a number of users every month for posting spam.

Many forums are run the same way, so it's just the way it has to be. Sorry you didn't like it, but at this point you are no longer under moderation.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: