SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Diceā„¢ is a top seller in this store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piMaster
rare
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Dragon Diceā„¢ is a top seller in this store Reply with quote

Cyborgs Puzzles and Games in Cheyenne, Wyoming lists Dragon Diceā„¢ as their 10th best selling game this past quarter!
How awesome is that? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/69323/best-sellers-for-2nd-qtr-2011-at-cyborgs-puzzles-a
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my heroScape buddies owns that store!!
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! If they are selling that much Dragon Diceā„¢ I assume someone must be promoting it locally... who's in that area?
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he just opened the store this year. He is one of the guys over on the heroscape forums that initially got me interested in Dragon Diceā„¢ along with a few others (nyys).
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
Cyborgsgaming

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias sent me a message at Heroscapers that I was being talked about so I came over to take a look.

I first started playing Dragon Diceā„¢ around 18 (wow that long!) years ago when it was still being produced by TSR and Magic was only a West Coast thing. I was a bit bummed when TSR went out of business and Dragon Diceā„¢ was discontinued. I continued to buy up some sets from various stores though and had bought some of the books that came with exclusives. It wasn't until Gencon 2009 that I found out that Dragon Diceā„¢ was back. I had been talking with some people from Heroscapers that were also interested in it and we were able to play a bit in the Hotel Room. Walking around in the dealer hall I was very surprised to see the Dragon Diceā„¢ display and with so many new dice! It renewed my interest in the game. All of my personal dice though were purchased over 10 years ago except for a black dragon that I was given at Gencon. Since opening my store (which was actually last November) I've been keeping at least some Dragon Diceā„¢ in stock and using my personal collection for demonstration purposes. I've had some trouble getting it as well stocked as I would like both because of tight finances and because Alliance and Aladdin only show a very limited supply, it has been hard to get just what I want. A few weeks ago though I set up an account to buy directly from SFR. Finances are still tight though so I have not yet been able to place an order, though a few things are coming from Alliance.

As Matthias has probably state, Dragon Diceā„¢ gets talked about a lot on the Heroscapers.com forums. I think it attracts a lot of the same kinds of gamers as Heroscape does. That is probably also why Heroscape and Dragon Diceā„¢ are top sellers at my store. I guess it does make sense that since I enjoy the games I can do a better job promoting it than I can a game like Dungeons and Dragons, Magic, or Munchkin. Matthias probably could tell you about my hatred of WotC (Wankers of the Coast). I have a bit of a reputation on both Heroscapers and BGG about how much I hate WotC.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you found us! As you can see we've been around for a while and no one knew. I'm very glad to see your product listing us as high as it did.

As for the issue with distributors... I think I feel about them as much as you feel about WotC (and I remember when they only had a single game to their name).

We've been told that the only way to make them list our products correctly is if game store owners keep requesting the games over and over. We can't make them do it from our side.

so I'm very glad to ship to you directly but it wouldn't hurt if you kept asking standard distributors to get them to list us properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: