SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Tropes DDice Article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkKindness
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 pm GMT    Post subject: TV Tropes DDice Article Reply with quote

I don't know what the general feeling here is regarding TV Tropes, or if there is one, but I've gone rogue and created a TV Tropes page for Dragon Diceâ„¢. There are a couple of mentions of the game floating around there, and there was no page for them to link to previously. I think that any advertisement that we can get (especially for free) is bound to be good advertisement, so I created the page. It links back to the SFR site and is, at the moment, pretty incomplete and basic - feel free to hop over there and edit it, or to link to it from different trope articles that you all think would fit the game.

Or blast me for doing it, either way... I've just been quiet for quite a while and figured I'd try to do something to drum up public interest in the game on my way back into the forums.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame.DragonDice

1949 dice down, innumerable more to go!
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good. One sore thumb: Wizards of the Coast did nothing for the game. Scalders were designed and ordered by TSR before the take-over by WotC. In was only by some determined lobbying that WotC even offered Scalders at all. They originally were going to dump Scalders and never sell them. WotC made it clear to Dragon Diceâ„¢ players at GenCon 1999 that the game was going nowhere. It was the fall of 1999 that SFR was formed. The legal transfer took place in the fall of 2000, after having to deal with the take-over of WotC by Hasbro. So technically, Hasbro sold the game to SFR.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
DarkKindness
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it out now - I edited the description to reflect the chain of events a bit more clearly, while trying to avoid any emotional language regarding WotC or their decisions regarding DD.

Edit: Also, while I'm thinking of it, please toss ideas for things that I've missed or that need to be added into this thread if you don't want to edit the TV Tropes entry yourself - I'd love to expand the Dragon Diceâ„¢ page there as much as possible and cross-link it with as many established trope articles as I can for better visibility and awareness.

DarkKindness
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update - good progress made, have the article cross linked with all of the articles for the specific tropes that I've called out for Dragon Diceâ„¢. Re-worded a few things and did a bit more thorough linking in the primary article. Hopefully SFR will get some notice with this, and I'll keep plugging away at it until I feel it's comprehensive/stop getting suggestions for new inclusions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: