SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Board Game Geek and Instructional Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 am GMT    Post subject: Board Game Geek and Instructional Video Reply with quote

So Dolus posted the instructional video that i made on Board Game geek. Within 24 hrs of posting it has gained 33% viewer traffic! If this momentum keeps up it hopefully will increase interest in the game.

That said the game has a pretty low reveiw 5.6 out of 10 we should try to get active players here to cast their vote. Furthermore we should post the Facebook page there and the articles from Bring your A game.

Just a thought.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks again for letting me post your videos. Before that day, not a single video was made for Dragon Diceā„¢ on BGG. I thought adding yours (and it seems it did), would increase viewership, show players that the game is still alive, and help teach people the game! Great job on the video!

I still want to get a better camcorder, but I would like to keep populating the BGG page in any way possible. I may try to write a game review and even a session report of my latest multiplayer game on here.
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah actually there are a series of 5 videos that show a multi player game and other things on youtube. I linked them in the forum.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rated it, 10/10 Cool. Took me a while to figure out how though...

F
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree it could be alot better.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, please post how you get to the ratings voting? I can get to the ratings, but don't see a way to add a vote.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're in the search field, you can click the box under "Your Rating," where it probably says N/A, and type in your rating (between 1-10).

If you're in the game entry itself, then scroll to the bottom of the page. Click either "Add a copy to your collection" or "Record Information." Click on the field box next to Rating that says N/A, and put in your rating.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

step 1: be logged in

step 2: go to the Dragon Diceā„¢ page

step 3: scroll all the way to the bottom, to the User Information tab.

step 4: press the 'record information' button

step 5: change grade to something nice, feel free to add whatever info you want.

edit: bah, ninja'ed by less than a minute!

F
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We posted simultaneously. Wink

Also, it could be even better to add a Comment for the game as well (done similarly, make sure it's "Comment" and not "Wish List Comment" or anything like that). Higher ratings will help viewership of the game, but when people want to know if it's a good game or not, they look at the comments people put.
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denimwizard wrote:
Yeah actually there are a series of 5 videos that show a multi player game and other things on youtube. I linked them in the forum.

I didn't even notice this til now. We did these over the holidays. We were / are going to reshoot the Multi-player game since half of the dice are off screen. It was our first time messing with any of that stuff so we really didn't know what we were doing. We do have a better feel for it now though. We hope to do more videos that go in-depth about each race, and the "power" house units for the races.

Funny thing is I didn't even know Chris had posted them "live" yet...

Feel free to post them on BGG Dolus if you think it'll help. I have no idea how to do that.
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll watch them and see what I think. If you're going to redo them, I might wait.

I'm also considering it might be better to add over time instead of just a single influx. So I'll try to pace out when I add stuff as well. At least, I'll try to pace myself. Wink
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolus wrote:
Thanks. I'll watch them and see what I think. If you're going to redo them, I might wait.

I'm also considering it might be better to add over time instead of just a single influx. So I'll try to pace out when I add stuff as well. At least, I'll try to pace myself. Wink

We only plan on redoing the Multiplayer one and adding more content throughout the year. Anyway, totally up to you! Like I said I didn't even know he had posted them "live".
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it stands before Dolus put the video up i had 669 veiws it is now at 894 views currently. I hope this just translates into interest into the game Smile
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today the video has hit 1000 veiws. (Finally haha) Mr. Green
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!

And from posts on BGG, it sounds like a few people learned that the game is still alive. So hopefully this is sparking some interest. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: