SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliability comparisons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLazyhase
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reliability comparisons Reply with quote

Hello.

I have started to do comparison between the three main category of dice for reliability. I have started it to have solid data for another topic (the hypothesis that monster are weak, to be precise), but this may help anybody trying to create an army, so I may as well share the link here.

I have done some simplifications to make the data easier to read, which also make them less accurate. I have defined reliability as the % of chance to have an icon or SAI relevant to the roll.

Relevant does not mean 'any SAI that apply to the roll' in this context. It mean a SAI that by itself do something to help with the main roll, not a support ability that do something mostly unrelated (cantrip, ferry), or that need other dice result to be useful (surprise, Screech, Choke). It's because to use thoses mostly support ability, you need regular result to do something of them.

For each category of dice, I have kept the best reliability for each icon type. The three category are monster, rare dice, and common/uncommon dice. Thoses two are pooled together because they are extremely close, unlike the other two.

This document can also help to see why rare and monster are actually very different and have pretty different strengths and weakness

Color have been added so you can better see the datas. For each race and icon type, the most reliable source of one icon is in green ; the least one is in orange ; if more than one category is tied for the best reliability, they are all colored in yellow. You will see that monster are most often in orange, which only show they are mostly unreliable (and extremely bad at missile), not that they are useless.

The table does not take into account racial ability. Elves can have much better save reliability on their favored terrain, as do amazon for missile reliability.

I will add the missing race when I will have a bit of time.

The link :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArTQ3dXYvc1qdEFpbkZEOHEydjZkenRKckFWanU1Zmc&output=html
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is lumping all the dice from that race together, it does not give a good picture. It really needs to be separate for each die. BTW, DDAssist will give you all this information for a race.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
TheLazyhase
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Since this is lumping all the dice from that race together, it does not give a good picture. It really needs to be separate for each die. BTW, DDAssist will give you all this information for a race.

Because it lump all the dice together, it give a good picture for my needs. The reason for that is because having dice per dice information is way too much information for me to process. Here, I can narrow my research by quite a bit, and see the big picture.You may or may not find it useful, but I hope not be the only one that think this can be useful.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something you might (or might not) find interesting for your investigations: a quick analysis of icon distribution among the races. It does not help you on your quest to further the cause of monsters though, as I don't believe I did incorporate them in the analysis (too diverse).

F
TheLazyhase
common

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update : I have done on sheet2 the same analysis, but done by a program instead of by hand. In fact, by the prototype of game simulator.

It is quite buggy at the time, and I will use it to try to find out bug. For example, I don't know why he believe Eldarim to suck beyong any comparison, nor why the dragonkin champions is credited with 100% save (the autosave being not taken into account)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Strategy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: