SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rot ability question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Daemon Dice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Rot ability question Reply with quote

As I'm reading all the 8 breed abilities together (I'll be posting them soon). I'm seeing a possible ambiguity in Rot.

Quote:
At the end of each of its turns, the rot daemon can select one body part in the targeted daemon’s stun pool and make it rot, turning it into a wounded die!

I'm expecting the word 'targeted' to play off the multi-player usage of the term meaning the player who was targeted with the minuses and attacks.

is that clear and intuitive or could someone take it to mean that you can target any daemon to rot and next the one who is taking the next turn?
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read it in the multi-player sense, I interpreted it correctly that the targeted player is the target of the attack.

To see if it can be misconstrued accidentally, I would have to re-read a few sections of the rules.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just say "defending"?
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider it done. I like that. I was too close to the trees to see the forest... now I wonder what other places the term 'defending' would be appropriate to use...

I have a similar question on Wraith, but I have to wait until I post it to ask it!
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a printout of the rules so I can just check that. Razz

Is "defending" used elsewhere? If not, it should probably be added. And maybe during the array attack, "choose a daemon to be the defending daemon against this attack." Definitely not phrased that way, but somehow defining what the "defending" / targeted daemon is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Daemon Dice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: