SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Diceā„¢ Lava Elf / Coral Elf Re-Release AND Daemon Diceā„¢

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalicoCorsair
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:10 pm GMT    Post subject: Dragon Diceā„¢ Lava Elf / Coral Elf Re-Release AND Daemon Diceā„¢ Reply with quote

So my question: Apparently Coral and Lava Elves DID NOT get re-released at Berserkon - which I had thought was to be their release date in May of this year.

Which I understand, so now hopefully by GenCon, according to announcements.

However,

In a topic in the Daemon Diceā„¢ Rules discussion here :http://www.sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4181

It is mentioned that it is hoped Daemon Diceā„¢ should be out by GenCon as well.

Now, I know this is a small company, so I'm a bit concerned . . . some of us desperately want and need Coral Elves or Lava Elves. Which one is the priority? Are Coral/Lava elves already in production and there's just a delay? Or is Daemon Diceā„¢ taking over for that part of the budget?

I'm honestly curious here, it seems like some of this information is a bit conflicting is all. Thank you. Smile
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coral Elves and Lava Elves should be ready by GenCon. I also hope that Daemon Diceā„¢ will also be ready by GenCon. And as for what was going to be released at Berserkon? I decided to not release anything at that con.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me try to answer as many of your concerns as I can.

While SFR does deal with one company for the making of the dice, that is only a part of the process for producing a new product. There are many other steps needed to take a product, even a reprint, from a project to a final product. Not all of these are under SFR control, and the size of our company often has our products shunted back in the schedule of our providers.

I can assure you that every dollar we receive for our products goes into development, production, and promotion of our games. Your question about the con is one that we deal with often. If we don't seem to be promoting the game enough, we are criticized for a lack of effort, but when we spend money for promotion (including cons) we are asked why we're not using it for new dice. I can only say that we are trying to balance those two elements as best we can given our limited budget.

It has been said before on these forums, but SFR is not a large game company where people are making games that provide a living for our families. We are a very small company, dedicated to keeping the games we love going in production as best we can. There is no one on the payroll of SFR; every board member is essentially a volunteer, and we all have our "day jobs" that require our attention. Despite this, for the last 8-9 years we have managed to get Dragon Diceā„¢ into distribution, reprint multiple products, repackage others, develop new products, and even acquire the rights to revive another dice game.

We appreciate all of our customers, and do our best to keep the process moving as quickly as possible. We don't always have the ability to have everything done on our own timetable, but we do work to keep that timetable as realistic as possible. I understand that it's frustrating to be told you have to wait a couple of more months for a product you really want; we too would prefer our products to be released sooner rather than later. If we ever become a million-dollar-sales company we'll have more control over that, and for that we need all of our customers and many more new ones.

I hope that you can be patient with us. I wish we had all of our new products in hand right now, but we too have been forced to wait. It is my hope that this will make the GenCon timetable a very busy and exciting time for our customers with several new products hitting the shelves.

Thanks for all your support, and I hope we will be able to help you continue to play Dragon Diceā„¢ for many years into the future.

Steve Braun
Public relations director
SFR, Inc.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we have been more forth coming with communicating delays to products? Yes. Definitely. That is my miss more than anyone. While I've hinted at the delays I never made an official announcement or posted anything. For that I'm sorry. Let me summarize by saying that every 'proof' that could go wrong has gone wrong. If the proof of the box is off center, it takes 2 weeks to get a new one. If the die image is sized wrong, it take 4 weeks to get a new one. The time has been chipped away week by week until we are majorly delayed. I didn't want to communicate a date until I had one, and unfortunately that slipped out past the original date (which was based on previous experience)

Are frostwings coming? Yes. Actually they were accelerated so I expect to have them at the same time as the elves.

Daemon Diceā„¢... Its important to know that this product hasn't taken priority from the reprints in anyway, either time or money. The process to get dice produced is full of 'time' where we just sit and wait. So when we spend time and money on a new product, it doesn't mean that that time or money could've been spent to get the reprints done any faster. it just means that rather than doing nothing (while waiting for the production process) we choose to fill our time with something useful. There is going to be a playtest of another new 'game' at Gencon. That is something else that was done to make time useful.
diggity60503
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Probably no business chiming in but... Reply with quote

While I am a relative (or even absolute newbie) to Dragon Diceā„¢, I do come from a product/packaging design/development/proofing background and can definitely attest to the problems that arise when one seemingly little detail on a product or package is wrong. The steps and stages are multiple and if working ANYWHERE overseas, it adds to the difficulty.

Patience is a tough commodity in this "game". The results should be well worth it.

Ignore my two cents as you see fit. Wink
Might have an actual addiction...die 1000 Gold Speed Slipper...07/04/13
Final Count 1212
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having similar issues on Damon dice boxes now.I'm praying they won't be delayed
CalicoCorsair
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThankYou, Cliff, For Trying To Keep Us In The Loop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: