SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open German Dragon Diceâ„¢ Championships 2013 in Hamburg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jens
dragonsteed

germany.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:08 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Corum

Thanks for the feedback ! It helps getting better step by step. I will take the idee for the certificates and work them out for this years winners. And think about the wooden Spoon ,-)....
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures

Jens
dragonsteed

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic. 1: a room full of dicers. great Very Happy

Pic.2: halffinal between Claas (firewalker) and Tobias (goblins)

Pic.: 3:halffinal between Bongo(undead) and Frank (Firewalker)

Pic. 4: Gameszene from the final near the beginning

Pic.5: Final

Pic.6: Gameszene from the match for the 3rd place.
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAGES:
I just feel that, while the bronze medal is REALLY powerful, a dracolich would service better for undead. It maximizes stepped damage and mages are the most targeted unit time in the game. Resilience is the undead way.
Undead cantrips are limited in power is the issue.
I mean to say... ALL cantrips are amazing. But due to the lack of diversity in undead magic, realistically you are going to get a finger of death or restless dead from them only. Both can be really beneficial but stepped damage is what undead mages have going for them.
What I would do with the mages is to replace the bronze medal with a dracolich and replace one lich with a magi crown and another lich with an apparition and a hevaca. With the mage crown you keep your ability to get that 1 in 4 path and this setup will have a higher average of results. Though obviously you will lose a couple of cantrips, I dont see this is a large issue with this race though, personally.

MELEE:
Plague has the potential to be the most devastating effect in the game. Arguably its the scariest thing. However, again, you are lacking stepped damage. It can be a game changer. Minor deaths are one of those units that dont rely on attrition to do their heavy lifting. So you wanna complement that with other utility. Having the whites there do almost nothing. Gold medals, though, are eternally helpful. With an undead army that makes you un-burial. So you have a couple of options here. You obviously ignored heavy stepped damage. What I would do at that point is possibly add a third Death from 2 of the whites. The other option as you are heavy on murderous SAI's is to forget attrition all together and go with speed. take out the three whites add 1 ghost 1 spectre and 1 wraith. This will give you a chance at the horde roll and add some stepped damage to your arsenal.

Lastly, there are only 35 pts. showing. I hope you have one in reserves or dead/burial. Or throughout the tourney you were short a point.
Jens
dragonsteed

germany.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Skawilly

Thanks for your interesting and helpful comment !
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really did want to make it. But last winter did not fair well for me fiscally. For now, it will remain on my to-do list.

It is something that looks like a lot of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: