SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

website layout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 am GMT    Post subject: website layout Reply with quote

I'm looking for input from the general public.

In the past SFR had a single product, DragonDice. Thus our company and our product were equivalent.

Now SFR is branching out from a single game into potentially three different product lines.

There are several ways that could be reflected in our website. We can have an SFR one, a Dragon Diceâ„¢ one, A Daemon Diceâ„¢ one, etc.

How integrated or separate would you expect those different sites to be? both visually and functionally.

We are going to have a single webstore. We will keep a single forum instance, but beyond that. Should there be a visual distinction between the different entities?

In the short term, I'm just gonna throw a Daemon Diceâ„¢ page into our existing framework (so that people who hear about us at gencon will have something visual to look at).

But long term, the entire site is gonna change and what should it look like once its done?
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to reinforce the image of SFR not selling a single product, I think it would be smarter to keep the two products at least somewhat on the same page. Perhaps just by means of a tab at the sidelines, but have the name of the other product visible at all times. Perhaps shifting the 'utility' parts of the site to their relevant parts would be smart (so you have a DragonDice-dicebrowser under the DragonDice tab and a DeamonDice-dicebrowser under the DeamonDice tab). This also frees up some space and removes some 'visual clutter'.

Also, a slightly unrelated note: please make the products visible! I think its quite bizarre that the only hint the frontpage gives of that you actually sell things is the mentioning of a store. Two pictures, one of the DragonDice and one of the DaemonDice, should be enough to give the visitor an impression of what it is that you actually want to do with this site. If you shrink the news (this tab could use a title) and the facebook-button there should be more than enough space to fit some pictures in.

F
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what I'm thinking of is...

A left nav column that goes top to bottom.

The SFR shield at the top and then links specific to SFR:
-who we are as a company
-contact
-Company news
-rep program
-etc

Then a graphic the represents Dragon Diceâ„¢ with links
-What is it
-Dice browser
-Populate products
-events
-News
-downloads
-etc.

Then a graphic for Daemon Diceâ„¢ with same links

Then a graphic for any future games with same links.

I could use any suggestions on what pages would make sense and what pages don't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: