SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The lights are on... is anyone home?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonliteComicsKY

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 pm GMT    Post subject: The lights are on... is anyone home? Reply with quote

A number of years ago I was a huge collector of Dragon Diceā„¢, so like others I was happy to see the line still around in one form or another after all this time. Now, my second job is owning our local comic and gaming store.

I am intrigued at the possibility of bringing Dragon Diceā„¢ to my customers, but wasn't sure about the state of the game. There's not a lot of recent activity in the forum here, updates or news on releases and the state of the game and so on. Basically, the things that make me optimistic about the current and future health of the game.

After reading the April Fool's thread gone horribly wrong, I appreciate the labor of love this has become for a small number of individuals rather than a full-fledged gaming company. The 'stock option' is also intriguing. So just how is the state of the game these days? I also saw 'Daemon Diceā„¢' is available for preorder from one of my distributors, so that's something I might look at too.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I will refer you to this recent thread that covers some of the same information.
http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4453&highlight=

This time of year is always slow for us, so not much forum activity.

As for announcements, our distributors only allow product announcements once within a small window prior to the release.

Since we tend to pool all of our releases around August, we don't have any thing to announce through them.

I'm always curious, what other places does a store owner like yourself look for news and updates? maybe we are putting our time/money into the wrong places.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and welcome back to Dragon Diceā„¢. Not sure which of the forum topics you were looking at, there is a more activity in the Events and on-line games than just this topic.

While there are only three "full-time" people working at SFR, after seeing a lot of other small gaming companies, we are comparable to them. No, we not the size of Mayfair or Hasbro, but we think we make better games than them. Shocked

Most of our new releases come out around GenCon, so you are seeing the lull before that. We are coming out with more new product. And our next big push is Daemon Diceā„¢, which will be in distribution by the end of February.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that being said.

We believe the game is alive and healthy.

We run on a cash basis (no credit), so we don't have big releases and then hope they sale before the check comes due. and we are continuing to put our cash into the game.

Our main goal right now is to keep the game available. maybe not always in the same format (ie converting starters to kickers and kickers to starters), but all dice but ONE are available for purchase via our store (http://www.sfr-inc.com/cart) and we have offered them to the distributors, but they don't always list them or request them from us (very frustrating).

So as part of 'keep the lights on', we don't have any sexy releases scheduled for this year, but I hope to release a plan at Gencon for a sexy release for next year. We will see if the stars align for that.

Daemon Diceā„¢ is rolling. The artwork, rules, design are all ready for boosters and expansions. We just need some momentum for the cash flow to release them. those starters will be hitting distributors soon (unless the polar vortex shuts us down again - I've lost two of the last three weeks)
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Not sure which of the forum topics you were looking at,

I've been meaning to bring this up. Our forum is so bloated that it is difficult to find what you want. We have some threads that existed before some key rule changes and some entire areas we know were put to bed (campaigns), but we keep around for the memories...

maybe it's time to do some spring cleaning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: