SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*Updated January 2014* v2.0 Playmats & Game Aides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:40 pm GMT    Post subject: *Updated January 2014* v2.0 Playmats & Game Aides Reply with quote

*Updated January 2014*

v2.0 Playmats are uploaded and include the other missing races:

http://goo.gl/tIiQXO

They can be printed at any local print shop on 11x17 inch paper.

The Dragonshield and Spellist are next to be updated.

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldCityBonerollers

Last edited by MitchB1990 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:22 pm GMT; edited 5 times in total
danilo
common

italy.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mitch,
I've just downloaded your playmats, and they are sweet. You've got some skills for sure. Really, they are very pleaseant, graphic-wise.

I usually use the "old" intermediate playmats from Miss Tiffany, which help me a lot having almost all the information I need during a match. I have them printed and laminated, so I can pour beer over them Wink

Compared to yours, Miss Tiffany's ones contain some additional information which may come in handy (to noobs like me, at least). Maybe yours are meant for advanced users, but they also seem to be meant to be printed smaller than Miss Tiffany's, or is this just an impression of mine? At which size are your playmats meant to be printed?

Anyway one thing helping me a lot is the list of available spell for each race and you made me curious about your spell lists. The single race spell lists on Miss Tiffany's mats are limited to... a single race, but they help you out in providing you a list of those spell you can actually cast (as a contrary of going back and forth in the manual looking for what can be used every time).

I also find the 8th face advantages, the dragons face explanation the resolutions and the turn sequence quite useful. Maybe they are matter for the shields you are developing?

In any case, I'll look forward for the spell lists and the shields, I'd be happy to have to print and laminate something new Smile

Danilo
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. His other information is on his shield or spell lists. So Miss Tiffany's maps are great for altogether needing fewer things in front of you or fewer things to shuffle around. But Mitch's has really appealing artwork and look to them.

I also encourage anybody to review the material as you play with it. At PAX, I noticed Transmute Rock to Mud was misprinted as costing 6 instead of 5. That was the only thing I noticed, but I know when I typed up my spell lists, I made much more egregious errors.
Maine
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are amazing, thank you.

We've got a group at work who plays, and between 5 of us we have every race, so these are quite helpful. We printed these up on standard letter, trimmed off the edges, then laminated them. They work quite well as reference sheets.

I've only found one omission - the Firewalker sheet does not show the alternate Firewalker "Cantrip" icon (as found on the Fireshadow), so when I pulled out my Firewalkers for the first time I was a bit confused.
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, everyone should scrutinize these for rules and graphical errors like Dolus said. I'll add the additional cantrip icon to the Firewalker sheet too.

Also the Dragonshield includes references for dragons, 8th face advantage, and basic information on turn sequence and actions. The old spell lists and Dragonshield I designed can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kocq4c9uyn26n8/JehdqbXfEQ/Dragon%20Dice%20Game%20Aides

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress after this quarters classes are over and I have some free design time.

Maine
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragon steps on the Shield are incorrect.

The steps on the shield say to Roll Saves against Dragons, and then proceed to Roll Melee/Missile. This is incorrect, the army only makes a single combined Melee/Missile/Maneuver Avoidance and Save Roll.

You may want to highlight OR on the "10 damage of Melee or Missile results slays the Dragon." Terminology should probably read 'results' instead of 'attacks'.

Finally, simply because it's being used for teaching, I would add the terrain's Magic, Missile, and Melee icons next to the appropriate actions on the right panel of the Shield.
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I first designed the Dragonshield, I was just getting into DD so I wasn't sure on the Dragon Attack. That's the First thing to change, the action icons would definitely benefit players next to the corresponding action.

I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Maine
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I was reorganized my collection into a different set of Plano containers, and I used my laminated printouts of your playmats as reference.

I noticed that all of the race playmats follow the standard unit category labels (Heavy Melee, Light Melee, Cavalry, Missile, Magic), but the two of the races follow a different pattern which is not reflected on the playmats:

Undead: Light Melee, Heavy Melee, Skirmishers, Light Magic, Heavy Magic
Frostwings: Heavy Melee, Light Missile, Cavalry, Heavy Missile, Magic
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maine wrote:
Last night I was reorganized my collection into a different set of Plano containers, and I used my laminated printouts of your playmats as reference.

I noticed that all of the race playmats follow the standard unit category labels (Heavy Melee, Light Melee, Cavalry, Missile, Magic), but the two of the races follow a different pattern which is not reflected on the playmats:

Undead: Light Melee, Heavy Melee, Skirmishers, Light Magic, Heavy Magic
Frostwings: Heavy Melee, Light Missile, Cavalry, Heavy Missile, Magic

Noted, that is a big one. I'll edit this one sooner rather than later,

Thanks Maine.

Maine
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bug report - our Undead player noticed that the 'Scare' SAI on the Undead sheet has the 'Plague' rules text.
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright folks updated all of the playmats with the proposed edits, I also found one that I didn't catch where the Coral Elves were lacking several of the Leviathan's SAI's.

Uploading to the Dropbox again tonight!

Maine
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:25 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another suggestion - the top areas are labelled "Home", "Frontier", and "Campaign", but this contradicts the current rules for army setup of "Home", "Campaign" (Frontier), and "Horde" (enemy Home).
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maine wrote:
Another suggestion - the top areas are labelled "Home", "Frontier", and "Campaign", but this contradicts the current rules for army setup of "Home", "Campaign" (Frontier), and "Horde" (enemy Home).

Sounds good I can add which armies and the correct terrain names easily.

Maine
dragonfoal

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more bugs to report:

Coral Elf:
* "Hypnotic Gaze" should be "Hypnotic Glare"

Dwarf:
* "Seize" and "Roar" SAIs should be swapped to be in alphabetical order
* Missing new Behemoth SAI: "Bash"

Goblin:
* Missing all new Cannibal SAIs: "Swallow", "Surprise", "Sleep", "Stun".

Lava Elf:
* Missing Lurker in the Deep SAI: "Volley"

Feral:
* "Roar" and "Screech" SAIs are out of alphabetical order
stormywaters
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really beautiful. If you get around to correcting the above-mentioned things, I definitely want these for my new players.

This is amazing! I hope to see more of your work!
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I finally found some time to update the playmats. I'm in my last school quarter at the Art Institute of Seattle so these had to be put on the backburner for a while.

The new playmats should be ready for download from the same dropbox folder, thanks for your patience!

DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:38 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came out of lurking-mode just to say that I think these are absolutely stunning. Clear yet very good looking. Well done!

F
MitchB1990
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

DialFforFunky wrote:
Came out of lurking-mode just to say that I think these are absolutely stunning. Clear yet very good looking. Well done!

F

Thanks F,

I'm hoping to be get to creating a new Dragon Shield and Reference Book soon that references all of the Dice, Spells, SAIs, Abilities organized by Race. I would also want it to include reference for the Minor & Special Terrains, Artifacts, Eldarim & Dragonkin.

I'll probably have to get to that after this quarter, but I think it would help a lot of people out. Especially beginners.

mliguori
dragonsteed
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 am GMT    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

These playmats have been awesome to learn with. Thank you for creating and posting them.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an upload of the dragon shield piece you had with basic gameplay information? Such as 8th face abilities and whatnot?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Artwork, stories, and other user contributed stuff. All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: