SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daemon Diceā„¢ review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:02 am GMT    Post subject: Daemon Diceā„¢ review Reply with quote

Purple Pawn has a review of Daemon Diceā„¢ up now:

http://www.purplepawn.com/2014/05/second-lookdaemon-dice/
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a comment to the review. He made it sound like it was only a two-player game.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
Warboss Walton
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that. Did he not see the "multiplayer rules" in the rule book?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warboss Walton wrote:
I saw that. Did he not see the "multiplayer rules" in the rule book?
I can see how he just overlooked it.
willpell
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away for a long time; my Dragon Diceā„¢ are gathering dust in a box in my closet, and I regret how much money I've spent on that game, which is too long and complicated (without offering enough panache in exchange, as other games like Arkham Horror do) to see any play in my social circle. But I've recently noticed Daemon Diceā„¢ for the first time, and I'm intrigued. One starter would be a relatively modest $20, and I played Chaos Progenitus a couple times, so I know it's quick and easy, which is magic for getting a game to see actual play.

How soon will SFR be publishing the three demon types which were announced but never created for CP? The biggest thing holding me back from trying Daemon Diceā„¢ is that it contains only Frost and Rot Fiends, both of which were plentiful in CP, so I'd essentially be buying dice that are already available to me. I'd be much more willing to spend that $20 if it was buying me dice of a type that have never been available before (IIRC, there were never any yellow dice and only one type of black dice).
Designer of Hybrid Dragon Breaths, the Enchant Element spell, new colored Dragonkin Breaths, and various homebrew races and dragons. If you want to know where to find them...good luck, I don't remember anymore.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

willpell wrote:

How soon will SFR be publishing the three demon types which were announced but never created for CP?

Thanks for posting. I understand what you mean about getting a group into a game like DragonDice. That is why we released Daemon Diceā„¢ and are looking to release other stand alone products to appeal to the players who don't want a game with such a large time investment. Please be on the look out for these over the next year or two.

For your question: It depends on how quickly these sell. Since this is a relaunch we are going to release all the existing breeds first. If you notice we redesigned how the dice are packaged to make it easier to collect and get started. The starters contain just the 13 body parts and expansions will contain the items (probably with very different rules). We are also releasing the breeds individually. Thus you won't have to buy a pack to get 'one' of the breed want. All the dice in a package will be the same breed.

Also, many of the breed abilities have been modified from what they were in CP. Too many breeds were 'part specific', so they were changed to be more generic. Thus you don't have an ability that only affects the whip/tentacle.

We have discussed plans for a few missing breed color combinations and know what their abilities would be, but they are at the end of the product launch sequence. For now, please show the game to your friends using your existing dice. If they are interested, then they can purchase their own dice and thus support getting newer dice out quicker.

Finally a note that at this time we have no plans to rerelease the nobel house dice. While we may have Ivory colored daemons at some point in the future, it won't be that same concept.

If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to post them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Daemon Dice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: