SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Dice™ Attack!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindspike
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Dragon Dice™ Attack! Reply with quote

The games "When Zombies Attack" and "Dungeon Attack" from Attack Dice both use the same rules and a very simple set of dice, just with different themes. The games aren't bad, but the dice just don't compare to Dragon Dice™. I think some adaptation is in order.

Attack Dice rules may be found on their own website, but boil down to rolling hordes of dice. On each die, one face means "Defeated", two faces mean "Flee", and three faces mean "Fight". You set aside your defeated dice as points, move the fleeing dice to another player (or the general pool) and continue to roll the fighting dice. Only three actions are possible. The number if Fighting dice determines if the player is wounded.

Dragon Dice™ just begs to get in on this action.

There are five basic actions in Dragon Dice™: melee, missile, magic, maneuver, save. Plus, each die has an icon identifying the die. I'm willing to use only Level 1 dice in order to not deal with Special Action Icons. To match these up with Attack Dice:

ID Icon = Defeated
Melee = Fight
Maneuver = Flee
Missile = Fight + Flee
Magic = ???
Save = ???

I don't know quite what to do with magic and saves. My inclination is for Saves to force one die Defeated in the immediate roll to roll again, and for Magic to count as Fight + Save.

Any other Attack Dice players? Thoughts on blending these two games?
mindspike
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I settled on rules for Saves and Magic, trying to adhere to just the basics:

Save: die does not flee, but does not count as attacking
Magic: attack, reroll the die and count the second result as well

Just another way to play with the dice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Variations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: