SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for New Dice Commanders Manual!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Call for New Dice Commanders Manual! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I would like to propose that you guys revisit publishing a new Dice Commanders manual. Complete with finalized rules, great graphics, stats, army building techniques, strategy ideas (from you pros), and lots of cool artwork. Once again the game seems to be slowly slipping into obscurity and a good Kickstarter campaign for a manual with possible stretch goals of a second (and completing) King die (along with revamped king di rules to make them more useful) sounds like just the thing to jump start the game again. You guys need to do something to get on the boardgamegeeks and other boardgamer sites radars and I think this is as good a way as any. I have to believe that putting a manual together for print would be less expensive than new di molds (although I am not sure of this, you tell me). Kickstarter seems like it would be a great way to get back on the gamestore radar also.
2 cents given once again, thoughts guys? Dennis
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:42 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Call for New Dice Commanders Manual! Reply with quote

eggsaladsandwich wrote:
You guys need to do something to get on the boardgamegeeks and other boardgamer sites radars

We've tried this for BBG and they refuse to acknowledge who we are. They won't allow us to correct the incorrect information that other gamers have listed and the changes we make to the game page won't stick.

Any suggestions?

BTW - We have a few things close to being done that should help.
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, they know you are the owners and an actual game company produceing 2 kickass games with Dragon and Daemon dice and yet they wont let you update the info on them? Harsh! My Idea would be to start a kickstarter campaign for any of SFRs ideas (I vote for a new DCM and 2nd King di obviously) ,but whatever you guys design will get my support.
BGG and other sites seem to monitor Kickstarters pretty close and once interest is gained it tends to snowball. I would imagine a Dragon or Daemon dice kickstarter would have a slight head start as there are still many fans out there who remember and still have dice in their attics/basement that need a good dusting off. The fact that both are collectible games is a double edged sword (personally I like the collectability aspect, but mainly because I have all of them;-)). Just try to remember the only real difference between those who like collecting and those who don't is one pack with an ultra rare..lol. Not sure how much of an initial outlay a kickstarter is, but as long as you make sure not to overpromise with the stretch goals, you guys should be able to make a bit of money or at the very least, get a better judgement about wether the games have a profitable future or not. Lifelong backer no matter what course SFR takes. These games are definitely under appreciated at the current time. BTW , have the Rules for both Dragon Dice™ and Daemon Dice finally been written in stone yet? That is another issue you guys need to address asap if not.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggsaladsandwich wrote:
BTW , have the Rules for both Dragon Dice™™ and Daemon Dice™ finally been written in stone yet? That is another issue you guys need to address asap if not.

Rules are almost always in flux as new releases are made and player styles shift. however...

The Daemon Dice™ starter rules are done, the Daemon Dice™ expansion will be by the end of the year.

Dragon Dice™ has been stable for several years, but is likely going to have an update soon...
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think tjat is one of the problems you guys face as a serious game company. Set your rules in stone and then design your product around it. Unfortunately you guys bought the product and have been adjusting rules every since. You need to conscider not worrying about the odd imbalance and settle on a firm set of rules. In my history of running multiple game groups, people don't like a "rules in flux" situation. Rules are the foundation of the game, whenever they shake , you lose fans/customers. No game is perfect and will never be. Set them and forget them so that others may learn them and remember them. 2 cents.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect your opinion.

Also respect the opinion of those who say the exact opposite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dice discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: