SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number of dice in a "complete" army?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iain456
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Re: Number of dice in a "complete" army? Reply with quote

dproman wrote:
(although it might take a little time and luck to acquire the Ormyrr, Magi, Ogre, Inferno, Unseelie Faerie, but it'll be worth it).
don't Forget money Laughing
frdm02
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also for the longest time had friends who would play but not buy dice so I provided for all players.

I right now have at least 20 of each common, 10 uncommon, 6 rare and 4 monster (except the ultra rares. I believe I have with various ink colors; 3 unseelie, I maybe do have 6 or 7 magi and inferno, 2 ormyrr, and 3 frost ogre)

I have been looking at downsizing to gain some space all those tackle boxes take a lot of room it would be nice to get two races in a Plano tackle box.

Thank you for asking this question. It helps to know what others consider a viable player set.
Oyvind
dragonfoal

norway.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tailored my collection to the limits of the Single Race Construction format. That format states:

No more than four commons, three uncommons, two rares, and one monster of any given unit may be used.

I used this as a baseline, and I found that this really meant having one of each of the biggest type of each polyhedron. For each decreasing size, I added one to the number, like this:
d12 - Only dragons; one size. Exactly one of each, for a total of 44 dice.
d10 - Monsters and artifacts; one size. Exactly one of each, for a total of (60+25) 85 dice.
d8 - Terrains; two sizes. One of each major terrain, two of each minor terrain, 96 dice.
d4 - Magic Items and Medallions; three sizes. One of each medallion and each rare, two of each uncommon, three of each common, (150+3) 153 dice total.

I've already touched on the d6s, and the same "rule" is used there. One King's Die, one of each "champion", both dragonkin and eldarim, two of each rare-unit-sized d6, whether normal units, dragonkin or eldarim, three of each uncommon-unit-sized d6, and four of each common-unit-sized d6, a total of (1 King's Die+140 dragonkin+208 eldarim+540 normal units) 889 d6s. Adding up all the different polyhedrons, my Dragon Diceâ„¢ collection is currently at 1,267 dice, and it'll likely stay that way. I'm somewhat limited in what I can do, but not immensely so. I'm really happy with my collection, and though I'm definitely a completist, this suffices for me personally. For what that's worth... Confused
1,275 Dragon Diceâ„¢ have found their way into my collection, one of which is now officially discontinued. These are also the dice that I want at the moment. I'll happily trade some promos/originals for their reprint versions. If you're looking for some of these, willing to trade reprints for them, contact me for a list!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Dragon Dice™ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: