SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Dice™ - Skirmish/Squad/Company Level Gaming

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azuredolfin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:35 am GMT    Post subject: Dragon Dice™ - Skirmish/Squad/Company Level Gaming Reply with quote

Hi All,

I didn't see any post regarding squad/company level wargaming with Dragon Dice™. Are there any rules out there? I have been working on a set of rules using other 25mm/28mm and 6mm gaming system as the basis for my rules, specifically GZG's Dirtside, MJ12's Assault Corp, and Prophecy of War. The rules are hex based and independent of terrain features (trying to keep the beta version as simple as possible, and add other rules as options later). The idea being to use as much of the features of Dragon Dice™ while adding movement on a battlespace (in this case, a large hex map...2.5" to 3" or bigger hexes.

I would be interested in hearing from all of you, if you have tried to transition this game to a more skirmish type game?

Also, if anyone is interested in looking at my rough draft of the rules. Please email me at azuredolfin@yahoo.com. I would gladly take any feedback, suggestions, recommendations, or comments. If your input is incorporated, I will ensure that you get credit on the rules.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played a computer game called Dark Wizard (SEGA CD)
which used a hex game-board,
units would be promoted after engaging in battle or casting spells.
To incorporate Dragon Dice™ to this format,
you would need a separate promotion pool for every starting unit.

I won the game,it took years.It was really fun. Very Happy I would like to see a format of Dragon Dice™ played in this fashion.
mliguori
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been toying around in my head a game like this but a mix of Dragon Dice™ and Song of Battle and Blades or Of Gods and Mortals.

Anyone else pay around with the idea of DD as a miniatures game?
Aravynn
common

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my brother did for some time making a game that used Dragon Dice™ for rolling attack/damage, it was actually kinda fun. It would be interesting to see a crossover type game like that again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Variations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: