SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How big is Dragon Dice™?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masterjedi8

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:03 pm GMT    Post subject: How big is Dragon Dice™? Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am new to the Forum and am curious. I used to play Dragon Dice™ with a few friends when it first came out. I still have my collection from back then. I used to really enjoy the game but haven't thought about it much until recently. I was thinking about playing with my girlfriend's son. Anyway, I own a local game store and was talking to one of my regulars about this game and he pointed me toward this site. So I'm wondering how big/popular is this game so many years later? It's probably been over 20 years! I know the game has changed hands and am glad to see that a community exists. I'd like understand the scope of that community as it exists today. Also, my friend suggested that my dice, as they are original print, might actually be worth something. How would I determine that? Thanks all!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I may not be the most unbiased person to answer your questions, but I will try.

As a game store owner, you know that there are BIG companies and small companies that produce games. I'd say that we are somewhere in the middle. We may not as move as many units as the BIG boys, but we have a much better brand recognition than the small guys.

That can also work against us sometimes. "I played that game in preschool!". True, but that doesn't make it a bad game. Many good games are that old.

We attend several conventions each year and are in distribution channels with all of our products. Sometimes the distributors will say it is 'unavailable', but that just means they don't personally have any at that moment in time, not that they couldn't get it.

The dice you have are all the same dice we have now. The colors might be slightly different as the way the manufacturers color the plastic have changed over the years, but they are the same dice. That both helps and hurts their value. I personally try to stay out of commenting on the secondary market.

This is a great time to get started in the game as we just released the new two-player starter with an awesome looking starter rulebook. We are in progress of expanding that style of rulebook to cover more dice in the game.

Beyond that, you won't have someone walk into your store asking for Dragon Dice™ (or Daemon Dice™), like you would someone asking for Magic. However, it is a good game and you can easily build a local group who will play and buy.
Masterjedi8

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info! This was very helpful! I was just looking at my distributor's site to see what they have available. I think I'll pick up that new 2 player starter to try with my girlfriend's son and maybe see who might be interested at my shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: