SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burying units

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shepdog69
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Burying units Reply with quote

I played a game tonight using the 3.0 rules, and we noticed something - there are no longer a myriad of spells available to bury enemy units. Was this intentional? It seems to drag the game out longer (the one I played tonight was 2 hours). It would seem there would be an elemental spell for this.

Thanks,

Dan
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say yes and no.

There was a clear direction to give a theme to each color of magic related to its magic. so yes, it was removed from all colors except for black.

over the years, burial became so common that un-bury (which was originally intended to be impossible was starting to become more common. so that had to be reset. burial was restricted to a death and SAI effect and intended to be 'stronger'.

however, i think it was unintentional that only one spell exists (soiled ground) that can bury. We know that spells are not 'done' and there is a planned release to address them again. At that time I'm strongly considering reintroducing something like ashes to ashed, but possibly as a higher cost.

To dig into your game, I take it that you had a lot of resurrection. was it a passive/turtle game (i.e. two people each got an 8th and no one went to the 3rd terrain?) If you had had those other spells, would you have actually used them or was there always something else (like dragons) that you would have spent the magic on instead?
shepdog69
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't both have an 8th face. We were fighting over one, and both of us had mages pursuing each other on a highlands terrain. The last terrain was a middle highlands. Part of the time issue was a lack of familiarity with the 3.0 spells, and no cheat sheets to reference. There was a lot of skirmishing though, and casualties were low in general, and kept getting resurrected. Our dragon rolls were pretty pathetic most of the time.

I think we were both thinking back to a slow permanent whittling away of enemy forces through burying. I agree that no "bringing back" of buried units should be possible. It might be good for everyone to have a version of a burying spell, with a higher cost to balance it out as an option.

Looking forward to 3.1 rules
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so you had very low casualties and were looking for a way to make them 'stick'.
shepdog69
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much. There were a couple of occasions where casualties were heavier, but over time they were fully recovered.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: