SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragons
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:21 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drachenwürfel wrote:
There is not more logic to reroll a belly then a tail.

Perhaps the dragon needs an overhaul? A completely new direction that removes rerolls, but is still considered a danger at 7 magic.

It would still have a zero damage face and a massive damage face, but the 'max' damage would be bounded.

Jaws, Breath, Claw, Tail, Belly, Wings, Treasure

Perhaps something more interesting than just plain damage?

Tail could be a 'sweeping' attack that requires maneuver to prevent (a little Daemon Dice™ inspiration here).
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what the issue is with re-rolling for dragons. I like that. It adds an unpredictability element to them. If anything, they need to be made a little stronger. An army holed up at an 8th face has little to fear from a dragon attack by even two dragons. Only if your opponents dragons match up with your magic (and your dragon colors) so you can summon theirs too without them fighting each other, can you really threaten a full army at a terrain with any realistic chance of doing some kind of damage consistently.

The only tweak I would make would be to do something like maybe make the claws act as a Smite... 6 damage, no save. Maybe reduce the damage to 3 or 4, since its un-saveable, but basically, some way to increase the odds from 1 in 12 to ensure the opposing army takes some kind of damage from the dragon attack. Or, instead of changing claws, maybe change jaws to 8 points of damage and 4 points of killed, no saves possible, save or be buried!

The game is called Dragon Dice™... dragons should be feared!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
It adds an unpredictability element to them.

This thread started with the comment that Dragons were all or nothing. either they do so much damage that the game is considered to be over or they do nothing and were a waste of magic.

so I was trying to dig into that and brainstorm.

some players like that randomness and some don't.
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you think about adding the non-save type damage as I indicated, making them a little more predictable (and dangerous)?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
So what do you think about adding the non-save type damage as I indicated, making them a little more predictable (and dangerous)?
It was similar to an idea that I had, but hadn't presented yet.

It would have to be balanced, but I could see it happening.

a dragon is still 1:6 to roll a belly and do nothing, but if it was 1:3 to roll a claw and do a smite type damage that might help balance that better.
Drachenwürfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in the game I played tonight, I had brought a yellow and red dragon, and my opponent brought two yellow dragons. So at one point, he had summoned the three yellow dragons to my location, and I summoned the red dragon. So when the dragon phase begins, how does the combat go? We thought of two possibilities:

1. All three yellow dragons attack the red dragon
2. One yellow dragon attacks the yellow dragon, and the others are free to attack the army

We believe option 1 was correct, based on the current wording.

Also, are the dragons rolled by who owns them, or who summoned them? I think this question is mostly academic, but as long as I'm asking...
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 1 is correct. At the same time, the red dragon attacks one of the yellow dragons (pick before rolling, in case that dragon rolls belly).

In Dragon Dice™ the unwritten rule is: only the owner of the die rolls the die. So the dragon owner rolls the die (sometimes against himself). Also, for hybrid dragons, the owner picks the breath when it happens....
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
virtualflesh
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:15 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
In Dragon Dice™™ the unwritten rule is: only the owner of the die rolls the die. So the dragon owner rolls the die (sometimes against himself). Also, for hybrid dragons, the owner picks the breath when it happens....

The rule appears written in v2.9a on page 9, and v3.0-20160711 on page 13.

In both cases: "The owner of the dragon die rolls the dragon die."
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "unwritten" part is that we apply that to all the dice someone brings to the game. Yes, we spell it out for dragons.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: