SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3.0 Rules - Hmm...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmonnett
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:35 pm GMT    Post subject: 3.0 Rules - Hmm... Reply with quote

Perusing the 3.0 rules, I noticed a couple of things that aren't good or bad, but may be worth noting.

*Interesting how the racial spells were shuffled - like how Scent of Fear is now gold and a Goblin spell, while Honor the Dead is now also gold and a Feral spell.
*Every race now only has 2 racial spells, except the Undead, who have 4. That's not a bad thing, mind you. Less is more!
*Mirage has been expanded, but if I'm reading it right it affects all units of only one size, so a 10 pt. Mirage affects ONLY medium (formerly known as uncommon) units.
*Howl is better than Screech.
*Firewalking is now identical to Teleport. Word for word.
*Looks like the only SAIs that work on a melee attack but not a counter attack are Surprise and Charge. Are there any others?
*I ask because Convert says that units are returned to the "marching" army, which implies that it won't work for a counterattacking army, because if it's counterattacking, it isn't the marching army.
*One big thing I noticed is that Fly no longer works during a dragon attack. I reach that conclusion by comparing it to the new kid, Hoof, which is worded identically, except Hoof has an explicit effect during a dragon attack. Now, one can argue that Fly does work, because a dragon attack is a save roll, and Fly works during a save roll, but then why not say so right there? Chuck implied in another thread that Fly's wording has reverted back to its previous, more Trample-like wording, but until we actually see the updated rules this is what we have to go on.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spells were limited, "bad" spells dropped. So we ended up reassigning spells.

You are reading Mirage correctly.

Howl has always been better than Screech.

Firewalking and Teleport ended up the same when we took out avoidance rolls.

Only Surprise and Charge don't work during a counter-attack.

Convert has an error, "marching army" should be "attacking army".

Fly has been fixed to work during any roll.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Firewalking is now identical to Teleport. Word for word.

it might be, I do not where the newest updated rules are and what they say now...

I did mention that teleport used to allow you to teleport out of the reserves,
which made it different,
and Ryan said it was not the intent to lessen the SAI, they were simplifying them.
So Ryan said they would allow the unicorn to teleport from the reserves, if that's how it used to be... however they never fixed teleport.

"from any other terrain" was added to teleport and it did not have that before.... (in an attempt to simplify)
this was stated by Ryan (at Gencon during a conversation) that this was a mistake and was not intended to alter teleport...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: