SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undead vs save or be buried

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> 3.01 and later Rules Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarose
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Undead vs save or be buried Reply with quote

If undead are effected by a "save or be buried" , such as a red dragon breath, do they get to roll twice? Once for the breath and once for the UD racial resist?
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think so. The undead racial ability doesn't kick in unless the unit is to be buried. The unit isn't buried unless it fails its initial save.

Chuck?
zarose
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

a better example might be Scalders Flaming Arrow (Each result inflicts one damage to the target units which must roll to save. Each killed unit must save or be buried.) So would Undead Roll to save against the damage, then roll any who didn't save to see if they would be buried, and then roll a third time to see if they resist the burial?
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. What I'm saying is that until a unit is supposed to be buried (for whatever reason), the special ability doesn't come into effect. In the second example, if the undead unit made the first save to avoid being buried, it wouldn't be required to be buried, and so the undead special ability save wouldn't be necessary. If it failed the first save to be buried, it would then be required to be buried, but because of the special undead ability to resist burial, would save again, and only be buried if failing to do so.

That's my take
zarose
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, that is how I interpret the rule as well. Thanks for the clarification!
bluewizard
uncommon
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shepdog69 you are correct in your understanding.

The Undead ability only kicks in as the unit is heading to the Buried Unit Area. If it is never heading there then Resit Burial does not kick in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> 3.01 and later Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: