SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> 3.01 and later Rules Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:12 am GMT    Post subject: Counter Reply with quote

Quick question. If the defender's Counter SAI kills units that would cause normal melee damage to the defending army, does that reduce the amount of damage inflicted on the defending army?

Also, as an SAI, when rolled offensively, is it not subject to the section "Calculate Roll Results", where roll modifiers are applied. It's just straight damage

This is important, because there are similar items like cantrip, that are counted as magic results during a magic roll, but may or may not be subject to subtraction or doubling, and I want to ensure I'm doing it right

Thanks
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:38 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Counter Reply with quote

shepdog69 wrote:
Quick question. If the defender's Counter SAI kills units that would cause normal melee damage to the defending army, does that reduce the amount of damage inflicted on the defending army?
no those results are already counted before the defender rolls for saves and can not longer be modified.

Quote:

Also, as an SAI, when rolled offensively, is it not subject to the section "Calculate Roll Results", where roll modifiers are applied. It's just straight damage

The resolution of this has not changed, but it is described differently. There is a section in that list where all results from SAI's are added it. i.e. An SAI result can be viewed as a special type of additive modifier.

Quote:

This is important, because there are similar items like cantrip, that are counted as magic results during a magic roll, but may or may not be subject to subtraction or doubling, and I want to ensure I'm doing it right

Thanks

exactly! the old ruling (and rule of thumb now) is that SAI results can not be modified by an SAI or Spell effect. but can be modified by terrains or dragon or racial effects. Now those things are built into the 'order of operations' by putting SAI results in the middle, after the spell modifiers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> 3.01 and later Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: