SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paying by check

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:36 am GMT    Post subject: Paying by check Reply with quote

When paying for product by check, is this a virtual check, or do I have to physically mail a check and wait for that to go through and clear before the order is shipped? I'd prefer to avoid the latter, but like avoiding the 3% fee you'd pay for PayPal. I'm sure margins are tight enough as is.

Thanks
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system expected you to mail a paper check, but I'm willing to try a virtual one if you know how that works.

I didn't say this, I don't recommend this, but if you were to mark it as check and then paypal money directly to us as a family member that avoids their 3%, but it isn't what they want you to do. but I couldn't stop ya.
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to set up virtual checks, especially from the vendor side (there might be legal requirements or specific things to set them up,). Basically, the way they work is that the buyer supplies the bank routing number and account number, and usually has some kind of "electronic signature", sometimes typing your name or whatever. Then, somehow (black magic is my guess), the vendor sends this info to the bank and funds are disbursed. For this order I'll just do PayPal. Might be something to look into though.

Thanks
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of banks offer a "bill payment" service of some type. They call it different things, but it usually ends up they transfer funds electronically. Cliff, that is something we (ok, you), should look to see how we can make that easy for people to do in order to send us payment.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that we can qualify for epayment from the bank, but any bank will cut a paper check for you.

so atleast you don't have to write a check and take it to the post office. they will do it for you.
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No biggie. I can do PayPal It was just a thought.

I usually pay cash at conventions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Order support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: