SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Expansions or "Steady State"?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riotinferno

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Future Expansions or "Steady State"? Reply with quote

I only recently stumbled (back) into Dragon Diceâ„¢, after assuming it had been lost after the TSR sale to WOTC.

I'm glad to see it thriving, and that there are plenty of dice sets to keep me busy for quite a while to come. Are there any plans for future expansions, or is the game pretty much in a "steady state", so-to-say, and there's no plans for new races?

edit: Other than the rules updates, obviously. Keeping on top of that has to be a task in of itself!
DScottOBrien
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:25 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back to the addiction, riot. SFR has done a fantastic job of keeping Dragon Diceâ„¢ alive and growing,with new products such as Treefolk, which completes the two-color race combinations put forth by TSR, reprinting Scalders and Frostwings (with different ink colors than the initial TSR run) as well as many other original races, (with the first 5 finally getting the missing 5th monster), new terrains, Eldarim, hybrid dragons, etc.

though i cannot speak for the folks at SFR, here is a thread to possibly answer your question:

http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5243

If you are looking to complete your collection, there is a thriving trading community here, as well

hope to see you around here for a long time
riotinferno

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I’m not much of a collector — it’s too easy for me to justify throwing money at it — so i’m just hoping to cobble together some armies and recruit some friends in, also.

I like the new rules, so i’m hoping to stick around for a while. At the very least, now I know where to get some online games going.
DScottOBrien
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

riotinferno wrote:
Thanks!
I’m not much of a collector — it’s too easy for me to justify throwing money at it — so i’m just hoping to cobble together some armies and recruit some friends in, also.

I like the new rules, so i’m hoping to stick around for a while. At the very least, now I know where to get some online games going.

yeah, i've thrown alot of bucks at this game, as both a collector and as a player. there are a lot of races currently available in kickers in the SFR Store, but if you dont see the ones you want to play, be patient, as they seem to "rotate" the available races over time
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to our internal structure, I can speak for 1/5th of SFR. Smile

We have unfortunately been in a steady state for a few years because several key products ran out of print unexpectedly. There are currently ... three races out of print and we want to get those back as people show interest.

HOWEVER, we also want to expand the game in both the expected and unexpected directions. So we have designs we are throwing around and doing development on.

It's just a matter of cash flow. We don't do anything on credit (too risky) so we have to decide based on player feedback what we choose to produce each year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Dragon Dice™ All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: