SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

swampstalkers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lokidchser
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 pm GMT    Post subject: swampstalkers Reply with quote

any idea when swampstalkers will be back on the store site?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a question of cash flow. The new box art is ready, but honestly they are likely targeted for a summer release in 2018 at the earliest.

If the option came down to swamp stalkers or a new race, which would you prefer?
lokidchser
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the choice were mine, i would like to see a new race
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a new race. New options, and possibility for collecting!
marcus1679
dragonmount
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:47 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the Feral and Swamp Stalkers done before a new race was introduced. Admittedly, I say this partly because my collections of those races are quite small. However, I also say this because I feel preexisting races should be made available before news are released (kind of a "completionist" thing).

With that said, though, I was actually thinking of an idea for a new race for the game. I got bored one day and thought: "I wonder if anyone would like this idea".
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

you already have all possible color combos +2 for races. I would vote for a new DCM.
lokidchser
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the issue i have regarding a new DCM:

when TSR dropped the original DCM, the rules, though all but set in stone, were grossly unbalanced, with many dice being all but unplayable. they saw nothing wrong with that scenario, opting instead to skew the rarity of some dice to near impossible to obtain levels, in a blatant money-grab. there were few major changes to the rules during TSR's run.

Now,Dragon Dice™ is a living game, with periodic tweaks, adjustments and changes that have the intent of keeping the game as balanced as possible. with this being said, a printed DCM would most likely become obsolete in short order if it were to be intended to contain a comprehensive rules-set.
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

lokidchser wrote:

Now,Dragon Dice™™ is a living game, with periodic tweaks, adjustments and changes that have the intent of keeping the game as balanced as possible. with this being said, a printed DCM would most likely become obsolete in short order if it were to be intended to contain a comprehensive rules-set.

This is the only thing that has always bothered me about this game...no set in stone rules. I totally get wanting to tweak the rules in the name of balance, but this game has been out long enough that it should have all the basics down enough by now to warrant a new DCM using the "graphics rules version". If , in the future, the game changes enough to warrant a reprint to include errata, so be it. Look how much money is made on D&D manuals and literature (i'm certain it costs less to produce and publish a colorful manual, than to make new molds and new dice). A cool looking DCM would do wonder for sales if placed next to all those shiny boosters in a FLGS. It would allow kids to see the rules and dice and all the cool stuff before they spend their hard earned allowances on a starter or expansion pack.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how many different editions of D&D are there? I've played in 6 different ones over the years. And a brand-new set of books each time. Which is the only way that D&D makes money, by selling books. Our primary income is dice. We've decided to NOT do what Mt:G and D&D does, which is to throw out the game at periodic intervals, and reboot. So the dice do not change.

While I'm neutral with respect to a new DCM, I am committed to periodically making rules changes to make the game play better and to attract new gamers. Dennis, I know we are about the same generation, and look at games differently than the "youngsters". However, if Dragon Dice™ is going to continue, then we have to appeal to younger generation of gamers. Thus the rules changes.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant no disrespect Mr. Pint. Merely trying to convey the idea that when the younger generation does get away from the video games and make their way into a FLGS , a nicely illustrated book of rules,dice and explanations of this great game would do much more to convince them to buy a booster or starter (which have minimal illustrations of the richness of this game) than the art supplied on the booster/starter alone. And , like I stated earlier, since you have the basic groundwork already done in the graphics ruleset , putting out a new DCM , even in a magazine form, would be much cheaper than developing new molds. This game already has all the richness and depth that any gamer could want. It could of course continue to evolve in the form of online errata until such time as you guys determined a new magazine type DCM was warranted. Please believe me , I have loved this game since it came out and have made tons of personalized game aides and mats and house rules for different units, so I really respect what you guys do. I only made the comparison to D&D because the fantasy fan base is who you guys are targeting for your game and those who enjoy that genre and actually go to FLGSs are heavily influenced by beautiful illustrations and literature that support their game of choice. I am and always will be a big fan of the game. Peace out, Dennis Very Happy
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a family of younger gamers (18-26), I think we would be better served by having a high-quality graphical rule set online. Except for my son who plays Warhammer (which is a whole universe unto itself), most of the time when they get a game they go straight to the Internet for rules, updates, and FAQs. Most younger gamers want the rules available for their mobile device rather than to carry as a book or magazine.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep mine on my tablet, though I keep a printed copy as well....
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving the DCM as a slice of the game's history. I don't mind it being outdated, its just nice to dwell on the lore, art and effort that was put in to it.

Back on topic: a new race would be nice, but I'm eagerly awaiting the Swamp Stalker's return. There is a good chance I'll be acquiring a case upon their return.

F
D341Jerman
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got back into the game. Was really enchanted by the dice when I was a kid. One of the few things I hung onto into adulthood and treasured.

I'd love to see a new race. I'm thrilling at all the new stuff that's come out since I was a kid! The comic book store I used to buy them from stopped carrying them shortly after Ferals came out. I figured the game was lost with TSR, so I never really went looking for the dice online until recently, so there's a lot for me to catch up on, but I am totally down for a new race, even if all the element combinations seem to be taken up.

I had an idea a long time ago for a "void" or "lightning" race, a race that couldn't use magic and was unaffected by it, but I never really followed through with creating rules or playtesting them, so it's just an idea. I'm certain there are better ideas out there, haha.

So far, I'm really enjoying the Treefolk. As a kid, I thought there were too few women warriors (the Amazons being the only ones I saw) so it's cool to see some female spirits in the Treefolk lineup. Thank you for all of the amazing races you've created for people to collect!

Speaking of Amazons, will kickers of those be available again? When I was a kid, that was my favorite army and I'm excited to perhaps start collecting them. I purchased one of the new packs on Ebay and felt very lucky that I got the Nightmare in my first one!
shepdog69
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm'd you. Look for messages at the top of the screen
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

D341Jerman wrote:

Speaking of Amazons, will kickers of those be available again?

They JUST sold out last month. So they are now 'in line' to be reprinted. It may be a little while until they reach the front. Especially if something new cuts into the front of the line.
D341Jerman
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
D341Jerman wrote:

Speaking of Amazons, will kickers of those be available again?

They JUST sold out last month. So they are now 'in line' to be reprinted. It may be a little while until they reach the front. Especially if something new cuts into the front of the line.

Ah man! My timing! Ha! Well, good to know. Thank you. I'll keep an eye out for them. In the meantime, I'll work on my other race collections. Smile
Dino1626

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player just coming back to the game, I would like to see the Swamp Stalkers reprinted.

I certainly would also love to see what SFR has up their sleeves for anything new as well.

Just my $.02
chantwelve

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 pm GMT    Post subject: swamp stalkers Reply with quote

i would keep the race and have a new one. bc some of us still like to collect all of the race .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: