SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gencon single race tournament clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Gencon single race tournament clarification Reply with quote

Quote:
Bring a 36-health army of a single race, with at most 4 commons, 3 uncommons, 2 rares, & 1 monster of any type, & fight it out

The dice distribution adds up to 20-health, not 36. Should this be 8 common, 4 Uncommon, 2 rare, 2 monster? Or am I missing something?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those limitations are per die.

So for example you can bring 4 pelters, but no more.
You can bring 1 troll, but no more.
You can bring 2 Necromancers, but no more.

Does that help?
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does, thanks.

I was also going to ask about the difference between sealed race and sealed kickers. Both are two sealed kicker packs right? It's the kickers tournament two different races?

As you can tell from the questions, I might be going to Gencon after all. I definitely can't afford it, but now that the family is interested it may happen anyways. Outside of obligatory volunteering at my cousin's booth, I'm hoping to sign up for as much Dragon Diceâ„¢ as I can get into. Assuming we do end up going.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:36 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

If you do get to come stop by out booth and say hi to me or Chuck.

Out of interest, what booth is your cousin running?

and yes, sealed race is two kickers of the same race. Sealed Kickers might be the same or might be different.

we've done different methods in the past. Sometimes it is pure random on which races you get. sometimes it is a draft from a common pool.

Sometimes John (who runs most of the events) will say 'X' is cliff's least favorite race, so he has to play them. and it's a bit less random for me.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:19 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is with Tabletop Co-Op, a group of independent game designers. His game, which he has several demos for, is Shadow Over Westminster.

I'll definitely come by to say hi. My only regret is my first Gencon won't be as a Dragon Diceâ„¢ rep. But it might be a good opportunity still to get playmats and avoid shipping costs. Very Happy
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I manage to get away from our booth I'll swing by and check them out!
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Gencon this year.

High unplanned expenses and having to cancel/reschedule so much for a last minute "let's go to Gencon" was tough, but the desire to go was winning.

But then there's a work event that I was specifically hired for and kept getting delayed for months that's finally going to happen, with Gencon right in the middle of it. I probably shouldn't bail on that...

But two good things:
-all those savings for not paying airfare and food can now go towards a Kickstarter starting soon!
-we as a family are committing to attend next year. So it will be planned and be easier to avoid schedule conflicts.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad.

but next year if you want to volunteer time we'll be there! I normally ask for volunteers early in the year.

with your family you'll probably want your own hotel room. so that also happens early (like February). It's a land run, to get a room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: