SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4.0 Strats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:51 pm GMT    Post subject: 4.0 Strats Reply with quote

I finally got to play a few games with the new edition. Just talking about strats, when I first read that the entire 36 point army can be mages I thought something went entirely wrong. The limit in last edition was essential, and they were still broken. After playing 4 games I am finding myself bringing around 12 points only.

I believe when I get 20 hours under my belt in 4.0 I could find differently. But in the meantime it is very refreshing to see the other classes doing as well if not better than mages.

The changes to racial abilities coupled with the improvements to Minor Terrains really gives melee and ranged some great versatility.

Path and other like spells being nerfed like that, really also helps mitigate turtling.

The game is better for these changes. Strategies are authentic, in that utilizing your ranged to control the battlefield or your melee to truly take an 8th face, rather than huddling around mages and hoping enough lightning strikes or a lazy-placed path spell is how things are happening.

Removing the large amount of burying that can take place gives players time to react after getting hammered rather than just immediately needing to res creates far more interesting situations and comebacks.
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 pm GMT    Post subject: 4.0 Strats Reply with quote

Right now, the current strat I am working on is 12 points of mages and 24 points of melee.

I found that Dragonkin Handlers is good but it is not OP or something so great that you can lean on it. I made the mistake of adding a single Eldarim Dragon Master with my 12 health of mages alone and letting the kin swell on their own. It was simply happening too slowly. 2 Dragons wiped out my mages in just 2 rounds into the game. So now my thought is to get my melee and mages together, get the kin on the terrain to 12 points, then move my 24 points of melee to another terrain.

I suppose the same strat can possibly be done with ranged units. This seems to be a strong way to run. 12 points of mages is till effective and the nerf to 8th faces has made having 2 armies worth it again.

What strats are working for you guys?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazons are a beast with the current rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Strategy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: