SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon reserve magic...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Old Rules Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkain
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Amazon reserve magic... Reply with quote

Reading text on SFR Inc. site, I read amazons count missile result in reserves as magic WHEN they are in a interracial army.

Question: What color does it count as? When at a land it counts as the color of the land... when in reserves there is no land color.

My assumption... It counts as the color of the OTHER race... thus is undead then black... if coral elves... blue/green.

But I was told NEVER to assume... why I always hated higher level math theory... always have to assume something... but I digress.

Thanks for replies.
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the exact wording of what you're reading is, but Amazons NEVER cast magic from reserves. Never. Ever. Instead of casting magic, they can make a missile attack on an army at their home terrain or the frontier. (Not any other home-the wording of the Amazon racial PDF says this, but that rule was officially changed back to what it was before earlier this year.) Even Amazon mages cannot cast magic from reserves. In a multi-racial army, the other races will roll for magic, while the Amazons simultaneously roll a missile attack. Thus, you get a split action-magic and missiles-when you mix Amazons and anything else in reserves. This is, I believe, the only time you can roll for two different "ordinary" actions at the same time (but I'm probably forgetting something else).
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arkain
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Special abilities Reply with quote

What you said makes sense... why I found it odd... how did I miss read this? Second bullet under special abilities. Confused

From http://www.sfr-inc.com/amazon.htm
AH... I read the rest of your post... NOW I get it... thank you. Makes much better sense. Sorry still a little green. Embarassed

Thanks again Smile
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:47 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, this is Mr. Green green....
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
Mr. Green
dragonfoal

Location: Front Window, Pole Position, Greenland (Where else??)

greenland.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....::RUMBLE::........::EARTH TEARING OPEN::.........::FIRE & SMOKE::.....

WHO HAS CALLED ME??
I AM FREE!!!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddicerc wrote:
This is, I believe, the only time you can roll for two different "ordinary" actions at the same time (but I'm probably forgetting something else).

Dragon Attacks would be another, but maybe thats not 'ordinary'

how about... something like volcanic eruption/tidal wave? Thats a save/maneuver roll if I remember right. (or atleast it used to be if its not anymore)
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the two things are not at the same time. You either do magic or missile first, then the other. Can't do some missile, some magic, and then the rest of the missile and magic.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
Autpost
common
Stockholder

latvia.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

And always remember good/bad old Charge. Defending player had to roll for Melee and Save at the same time.
Against a dragon attack you roll even for three normal actions.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:47 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's only one action but you are rolling for three different results. These are important terms in the Dragon Diceā„¢ rules. So I'm going to be picky about it... Cool
Autpost
common
Stockholder

latvia.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a reserve army is rolled, ignore any results from its magical items ... otherwise it would be confusing if Amazons and non-Amazons are in the same reserve army. Who is carrying which item?
Is this the only reason why it is ruled that items do not work in reserve?

Since you want to power up magical items have you thought about changing this rule? A Heartseeker's Impale out of the reserve would be impressive.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't know why that magic items were setup to not work in reserves. I looked in the design files I have, and they were designed this way from the beginning. But no idea as to why.
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazons. Missiles. Reserves. That would do it for me. Smile

Actually, magic-producing items would be helpful in reserves for healing, but they couldn't harm an opponent from there. Melee and maneuver items would be useless anyway. Save items could help against hailstorm, I suppose. The missiles wouldn't be a problem with any race except Amazons. It might be interesting to try allowing magic items to function in reserves as a house rule to see what effect it has. (But I'd be pulling my Amazon shooters and Trueflyers real quick if I played that way.)
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkain wrote:
Chuck, this quote from you confused me... I just want to make sure I got it right....

"Actually the two things are not at the same time. You either do magic or missile first, then the other. Can't do some missile, some magic, and then the rest of the missile and magic."

The part that confuses me is, ....Either do magic OR Missile first.. then the other.

So this mean if amazons and dwarves are in reserves... and they have a tower land which they do one march/action at.... now they roll reserves, dwarves get some magic... they do the magic... and amazons get some missile in that roll so they get to target who they attack? Thus you are rolling for magic/missile at the same time <dwarves rolling for magic, amazons for missile>

Or does this mean ONE action... missile <can't count dwarves> OR magic <can't count amazons>... not both.

Thank you... I'm just confused. I'm thinking the first way I describe it is right.. just want to be sure.

Forget about whether or not the reserve action is the first or second march. It doesn't matter. And this only applies to taking a reserve action. If the Amazons are at a terrain, they do magic, missile or melee depending on the terrain, same as any other army.

If you have a mixed Amazon and something else army in reserves, the Amazons can only do missile, and the other races can only do magic. First thing you must do is to declare the target of the Amazon missiles (if any). Then you roll the entire reserve army. Now you have to decide if you are going to do the magic first or the missile first. Lets say you do the magic first. Just like a normal magic action from reserves, you declare your magic, and then cast all the spells one at a time in any order you want. Then you take all the missile results from the Amazons and they affect whichever target you had picked before. If you choose missile first then just missile whatever target, and then cast the magic. The point here is that you must finish whichever you started with first, and then finish the other. And you can't cast magic, summon Amazons back from the dead, and then missile with those newly-restored Amazons. That's why the rolls are made together.

Is that clearer?
Arkain
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystal clear... I thought I had it.. just wanted to be sure.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Old Rules Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: