SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Starters

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:49 am GMT    Post subject: New Starters Reply with quote

Ok, there has been a lot of discussion, concerns, and questions about the new starters that SFR is going to have out soon. I'm going to answer as much as I can right now.

Any statements from anyone but me, is not fact. Right now, I am the only official source on what will or will not be in these new starters.

First of all here's what will be in the starters:
  1. A new rule booklet, formatted differently (aka size and number of pages), but otherwise the same as the rules version 2.1c.
  2. Three army cards. One side will be Home, Campaign and Home. The other side will be Reserves, DUA, and Summon-pool/BUA. Home will also have a summary of the green spells, Campaign will have the blue spells, Horde will have the red spells, Reserves will have the gold spells, and DUA will have the black spells.
  3. 4 terrain dice, one of each color, random types
  4. 2 random dragons.
  5. 2 races of unit dice.
  6. Each race will have 4 commons, 2 uncommons, 1 rare, and 1 monster.
There are 4 different starters planned. Each will be the same except for a sticker on the box (under the shrink wrap BTW). The four starters are:
  1. Coral Elf / Lava Elf
  2. Dwarf / Goblin
  3. Amazon / Swampstalker
  4. Undead / Feral
Note that #4 (Undead/Feral) will not be coming out at the same time as the other 3.

What's new in these starters? Right now the only new die you will find in the starters is the ivory dragon (both drakes and wyrms). As far as looks, it will be the same as the current dragons, except ivory plastic and purple ink. In other words, exactly the same plastic and ink as the Amazons.

What won't change? The ink color on all the dice will remain the same. White on Coral Elves, Dwarves, Lava Elves, and Goblins. Purple on the Amazons. Yellow on the Swampstalkers. Green on the Undead. White on the Feral. No new terrains. No "fifth monsters" for the first races.

When do we hope to have them? I don't have a firm date yet. But best guess right now is sometime in January.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:01 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much discussion, we have decided to put more dice into the starters. Each starter will now have 18 health of each race. Or to put it another way, each starter will have 36 health. This is important for sealed box events. The new breakdown for each race is:

5 Commons
3 Uncommons
1 Rare
1 Monster

This also makes demos a bit easier. If you split it up by size, you 5 health of commons, 6 health of uncommons, and 7 health of rare/monster.

And now the bad news. We will not be able to match the "gold" color of plastic used before on the dragons. It's more a pure yellow color. Dwarves and highlands look just fine. Swamplands and Goblins are a little different looking, the Goblins look like the "mud" Goblins versions, but we hope to improve on that. The dragons since they are a pure color, are the worst. Nothing we can do. So the old dragons will be "gold", and the new ones yellow. Not too bad unless you have them side by side.
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on shipping. I don't have a firm date on when they will get here, but they will be leaving Hong Kong January 6, 2007. I'm hoping they will be available by the first of February. Watch the website, they will be going up for "pre-order" soon.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-order for 2-player Starters and White Dragons is now up on the purchase page. At this point our best guess on when they will ship is the second week in February. There will be an update here when we know more.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping is going to take a bit longer than we thought. The ship that is carrying the dice from Hong Kong will not get to the US until February 8. Estimate on the shipping from there is about 2 more weeks. So it's looking more like the end of February.

BTW, starters should arrive at our warehouse and our distributor's warehouse at about the same time. So retail stores should be able to place an order on March 1, and get the starters within the normal delivery time they usually get from their distributor.

Here's ordering information:
SFR2001 - Coral Elf/Lava Elf 2-player starter
SFR2002 - Dwarf/Goblin 2-player starter
SFR2003 - Amazon/Swampstalker 2-player starter

If you run across any retailer that says "I can't get that product", please drop me a note, with all the contact information of that retailer. I'll set them straight. Twisted Evil
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of people asked about the preorder mixed with other in-stock product. If you order anything that is preorder (2-player starters or white dragons right now), your order will not ship until everything is on-hand for our shipping department. If you want some things now, and the preorder later, then put in two separate orders.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: