SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Just to let you know what is going on here. This concept was originally Mark's. I will give him until Gencon to decide if he's involved. After that point, I'll either remove this forum or start from a blank piece of paper and build it up from scratch.
slcobbs
uncommon
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say build it up. I always thought it was a good concept. Still do today. Basically role playing but using Dragon Diceā„¢ instead of d4-d20.

Scott C
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, the idea is to do exactly as you say and the final thing will probably look a lot like duels is now. But certain things that were only partially designed and not written down, like some of the wierder SAI's and true and partial mages, etc.

I'd rather start over on those concepts than try to remember how they were done 4 years ago.
goldbh
common

scotland.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel there is a good solid idea here.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see this grow into a RPG at some point. Doesn't have to be really fancy like D&D, but allow some role-playing. If you've looked at Throwing Stones, perhaps something like that. If you haven't seen it, I think I have an extra copy around somewhere....
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with that one. I'll see what I can find out about it online.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 am GMT    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
I will give him until Gencon to decide if he's involved.

FYI - unfortunately Mark is incommunicato. So I am proceding w/o him.

To let you know where I am:

I think that Chuck is right that this can easily be expanded to allow some roleplaying. It can never be as flexible as a traditional roleplaying game since we don't have traditional attributes/skills. However, it is viable. To that extent I am exploring the option of this ever being bound and sold. I don't want to put everything online for free and then yank it off some day, but neither do I want to hurt potential sales by making it worthless to purchase...

To that extent, I'm considering moving this effort to a private 'product development' thread to control access until a final decision can be made.

any thoughts or concerns about that? Most anyone who posts regularly would still be able to see this. It would just be restricted from the casual browser and googlebot.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a "New Products" thread under the SFR (rather than Dragon Diceā„¢) heading. Then only allow those users that you want to help you.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to follow Chuck's suggestion. If you want to commit the time and effort to help and playtest, post about it and I will consider you.

As my friend Alek says, this will be done via 'Russian Democracy' and these are his words, not mine, so no flames...

Everyone will get a chance to speak and then a single person (who controls the creative process) will decide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dragon Dice Duels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: