SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

powerfull dwarves

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 am GMT    Post subject: powerfull dwarves Reply with quote

Hello,

can anyone explain this really powerfull race item below.
I found it on the website but I do not quite understand the sheer number of damage points these dwarves can accumulate in a single throw.

Quote:
The Mad Rush: This is the charging of a Dwarf army on a Highland terrain and if you have an 8th face also it is amazing the amount of damage that can be done. Look at a single Mammoth Rider. If it rolls a Trample during a charge that is 3 points of maneuvers and 3 points of melee for a total of 6 points of damage. At a highland terrain or 8th face this becomes 6 points of maneuver and 3 points of melee, which gives 9 points of damage. Finally at the 8th face at a Highland terrain you get 12 points of maneuver and 3 points of melee for a grand total of 15 points of damage. No other die in the game can equal this on a single roll and only a Dragon, Sprite Swarm, or Leopard Rider can even get close and it will take a bit of luck to get the multiple rolls needed to accomplish this. So a single army of Mammoth Riders, around 5 in a 36-health game, could do 75 points of damage.

cheers
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is no longer true. There was an old rule called "charging". There is more discussion of it on older messages in this forum, but just leave it at two things: it made cavalry units very powerful and it unbalanced the game. You can get more details here:
charge
Charging with the new rules?
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it is in the races part of the SFR site.
That one might need a bit of a brush up.

Actually I think all races there need a once over.

anyway thanks for the info Mr. Pint
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sigh> Yes, the website needs some major updates. I've had at least a dozen people offer to help update it, and so far it hasn't happened.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: