SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New products for GenCon!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:46 pm GMT    Post subject: New products for GenCon! Reply with quote

Besides the Acolytes of the Eldarim, we have other new product that will be first sold at GenCon:

Ivory Hybrid dragons:
Yes, we have completed the entire color spectrum for dragons. The Ivory/Blue, Ivory/Gold, Ivory/Green, and Ivory/Red dragons will be available at GenCon. Can't make GenCon? You can order them now, and they will be delivered after GenCon is over. Only available via our website.

New SFR red/blue Dragonkin Champions:
We're all been using red/blue Dragonkin Champions with TSR logos. Well, we finally made some with the SFR logo instead. We made them with two versions of plastic, marbled and pearled. The pearled version matches our older SFR green/gold/black Dragonkin Champions, and will be sold with our new Dragonkin sets (see below). The marbled version will be on sale at GenCon, and available only via our website for delivery after GenCon.

Eldarim Expansion: Dragonkin:
Sorry this will not be ready in time for GenCon. It should be available by the end of September. This is the first part of replacing Magestorm! with new product. This will have only dragonkin; 6 commons, 3 uncommons, 2 rare, and 1 champion. Note that this is the only place to get the production version of the SFR red/blue Dragonkin Champions. This will be available via retail as well as our website.

Eldarim Expansion: Dragonlord/Dragonmasters
Eldarim Expansion: Dragonslayer/Dragonhunters
Both of these expansions are really nothing new. These is just so that those Eldarim champions are available in retail packaging. This will available via retail as well as our website. However, you can save $1 by buying the unboxed set off our website. So the retail box is on the webstore merely so that retail stores that order directly from us can order these. These will not be ready in time for GenCon, and should be available by the end of October.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to make sure I understand this... total new dice (or relatively new dice) are:

8 new hybrid dragons (can buy directly from SFR)
2 new dragonkin champions, blue and red (can buy directly from SFR)
2 new dragonkin champions, blue and red (must get from new dragonkin packs, different from the direct-from-SFR-dice)
new race of eladrim dice (must buy packs to obtain)

1 new gold-inked Dragonslayer (this has been available for several months via SFR website)
1 new black-inked Dragonslayer (this is only ever available to people who help out with SFR-related tasks, etc.)

Then, in addition, you are making dragonlords, masters, slayers, hunters available in new packaging, but the dice are the same as previously released dice.

Is that everything?

Shoe
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first four items on your list are correct. The Dragonslayers were available at last year's GenCon. We have not made any new Dragonlords/masters/slayers/hunters since then. It's just packaging them so they can be sold via retail channels. I know that those of you that order via our webstore could care less than we ship a set of Dragonlord/masters in a zip-lock bags. But a store can't sell that way (usually). So we put them into a pretty box.

But you left out the dragonkin expansion. Since we are out of Magestorm!, we had to do something to keep dragonkin around. Especially since they are so important to Eldarim. So we made them an Eldarim expansion pack. Other than the new red/blue SFR Dragonkin Champions, they are newly made dragonkin, but look the same as the old ones.

Watch next year for more parts of the old Magestorm! to get re-released. Yes, that is a hint as to next year's new product, and no, that's all I'm going to say. Even threatening to smash an original Unseelie Faerie won't get me to talk.... Shocked Mr. Green
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceā„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceā„¢, and others (too many to count).
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt really leave out the dragonkin. The only really new dice in that kicker pack would be the SFR Blue and Red Dragonkin Champions that are pearled, right? I am assuming when you described the pearled as being sold with the new dragonkin sets, you meant new dragonkin kicker packs, or am I wrong there? And I am also assuming that all of the other dice in the new dragonkin kicker packs are basically the same as the old dragonkin (with the other three dragonkin champions being the same as the previously released individual SFR dragonkin champions and the other dragonkin dice being the same as the Magestorm! dice).

My post was not to confirm what the new releases were, but really, what the truly new dice were. From a collector's standpoint, the new dice I need to get total 8 dragons, 4 dragonkin champions, 2 dragonslayers, and a set of Eladrim from their new kicker packs. Right?

Shoe
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. But the only way to get the black-ink Dragonslayer is to work at a convention for us....
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Right. But the only way to get the black-ink Dragonslayer is to work at a convention for us....

Yes.... that is in my master plan... hopefully next year. I just wanted to make sure I knew what I needed to order this year.
jedijon
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us signed up for the starter, Eldarim event...what will the format be for this if not Eldarim are available?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedijon wrote:
For those of us signed up for the starter, Eldarim event...what will the format be for this if not Eldarim are available?
They will definately be available.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only will the Eldarim kicker be available, but dragonkin will be available. Not in a shrink-wrapped box, but everything else will be there except the shrink-wrap. Perhaps they may all have red/blue SFR production Dragonkin Champions????? Shocked

If you haven't signed up, go get tickets for this event at GenCon. Nine people signed up, the limit is 16. Will you be part of the lucky 16?
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:58 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you haven't signed up, go get tickets for this event at GenCon. Nine people signed up, the limit is 16. Will you be part of the lucky 16?

Even if I am unable to be in this event...
in the event it is filled...
I'll be happy to help out...
but as it stands...I don't know my schedule.
So far Saturday is my only slated appearance.
MissTiffany
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the lady in charge of the shipping and the cash register at Gencon I admit to being confused at time. They used Eldarim many times. There are Acolytes, Expansions: Dragonkin, Dragon Lord/Masters, Dragon Slayer/Hunters. So I have been calling the Acolytes of Eldarim just Acolytes. The Dragonkin expansion (which is not avaliable yet) as the Dragonkin and the Masters and Hunters just that. I don't use Eldarim at all. Too confusing.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes madam. Embarassed
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we're all on our way to GenCon. So things on the forum may not get answered as quickly as usual. And a lot of orders will get shipped next week. So just please be patient with us for the next week.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blue Dragonkin Champion:

Frosted Gold Metalic Paint
Interesting Swirl Pattern found on many of the dice..
on the SFR logo Face.

The Red dragonkin Champion:

Frosted Gold Metalic Paint

Bold Red....
almost exact replicate to the SFR RED Dragonhunter.

I did not see the swirl here...
but the red is soulful.

I point out the red too...as I did see the Production Pearled Red Dragonkin...
they look fantasic too...but a much Darker Red.
Cliff has one the the Pearled Plastic has a glint reflection...creating an EYE.
DEEPBLUEB2
monster
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFR Spiral

Here we see the Swirl on the ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: