SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragon Summoning

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougelf
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:11 am GMT    Post subject: Dragon Summoning Reply with quote

This came up in a recent game.

The spell:

Summon Elemental Dragon Casting Cost: 7 Spell List: Basic
Target any terrain. Immediately send any elemental dragon with the same color as the magic used to cast this spell to
the target terrain. Multiple castings target the same or multiple terrains.

It says any Dragon with the same color as the magic used to cast this spell to the target terrain. So that means i can use if i can cast the color a dragon from my opponents Reserve summoning pool to a terrain. Thus if i had 28 red magic with 2 red dragons in mine and 2 in my opponents i can then bring all 4 to one location.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing a question here. If you are asking if you can summon your opponent's dragons, the answer is yes. In theory, if you had the right colors of magic, you could summon all the dragons that are at the table, yours and your opponent's.

Note: you do not have to summon from the summoning pool, except for ivory dragons, any dragon can be summoned from one terrain to another. Or from one terrain to the same terrain...

And just so you know why you would want to summon a dragon from a terrain back to the same terrain: that breaks the "taming" of a Dragonlord or Dragonmaster.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
virtualflesh
dragonsteed

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:09 pm GMT    Post subject: A subtlety that is not obvious Reply with quote

Any dragon brought to the game can be summoned by any player.

I think this topic is worth an emphasis in the Set-up section of the rulebook. It is clear in the summoning spells section using the word "any", but I think the point should be emphasized early. It is buried in a reference section. The Set-up section notes "Your dragons are set in your summoning pool, to your left." It is presumed that "your" summoning pool is, well, your's, and not other players'. It is a very important point that can drastically change the selection process. An in-situ lesson could deter future play, particularly for new players to grasp the potential of the Dragon Diceâ„¢!
Valdemort
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related question to the same spell:
Is that summoning spell the only way to bring dragons into play from the summoning pools? There isn't some way to accidentally summon one, is there? (Example, get X number of magic symbols that match and Bam! you've got a dragon on your hands, regardless of whatever else you decide to do with the magic points.)

Reason I ask was from a comment made at the demo this last weekend, which I suspect may have just been an over simplification for demo's sake, when someone asked how the Dragon Diceâ„¢ worked. Looking at the rules though it looks like the summoning process can only be an intentional one.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several effects that require you to summon a dragon, some are random on a die. However, that can mean from the summoning pool or from one terrain to another. So the effect is rarely detrimental.

The Summon Dragon spell.
The Dragon's Layer 8th face ability.
The Summon Dragon SAI on the Dragon Staff Artifact.
The Dragonkin Champion SFR Logo

I think that is all of them.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:43 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other ways to summon a dragon, but they are very specific. Dragons' Lair, and Dragonstaff are the two that come to mind. Normally you can only get a dragon at a terrain if someone very specifically summons one to the terrain with a Dragon Summoning spell.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Rules Discussion - Dragon Dice™ locked at 3.0 and eariler All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: