SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I didnt want to confirm this but...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:43 pm GMT    Post subject: I didnt want to confirm this but... Reply with quote

... there are now three variations of the copper-inked SFR Dragon Slayers. Cliff, when I went to buy the "new" variation that you had noted, and we couldn't remember which one was the old variation and which one was the new one, I bought both just to be safe. The next day, at the hotel, I bounced them both off of Brad's inventory program and neither one matched. I told Miss Tiffany, but I still wasn't sure that both were different... I thought that maybe Brad's image for the one and only, at-the-time one might have been just put into the program out of order (no big deal if there is only one variation). Anyways, now that I am home, I pulled out my original one, and neither of the new ones match it. So, I am definitely glad I bought both, and am now wondering if there are any other varations. Sheesh.

For the record, the orginal has the save icons on the left side of the ID (left being from the observer's perspective), new variation "1" has the SFR logo sideways in that same spot, and new vatiation "2" has the four swords pointing up and forward in that same spot.

Shoe
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I just say *sigh*

I'm not looking forward to sorting through (an undisclosed number) of dice just to look for variations.

I know (strongly suspect) they only put the machine together once to print this small-ish run, but it does spit out 4 dice at once. so at worst the variations should be 25%.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - is the variation just a rotated smite or are the faces in different places?

its entirely possible that someone, oh just some random person, you know; no one in particular, just a guy on the street trying to find his way home... put the sneak attack in the slayers 'left hand'...

for people who care about that type of thing...

remember the left handed master variations?(those really were an accident, and now that I look at it the new lords are all right handed. I'm annoyed... I mean some random faceless person is annoyed... (can't even follow detailed instructions)
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoe, I do not have your insationable lust for collecting as you do. Your knowledge spins my head. I personally have unquenchable thirst to win, and it can rot me to the core. But I am skipping everything and everyone if I have a question on dice and going right to the source, Shoe is the source.
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
BTW - is the variation just a rotated smite or are the faces in different places?

Its actually faces in different places. I will send you a pic to illustrate, since I always mess up the posting-pictures-on-the-forum-thing.

Skawilly wrote:
Shoe, I do not have your insationable lust for collecting as you do. Your knowledge spins my head. I personally have unquenchable thirst to win, and it can rot me to the core. But I am skipping everything and everyone if I have a question on dice and going right to the source, Shoe is the source.

If only I knew half as much about playing Dragon Diceâ„¢ as I know about Dragon Diceâ„¢ in general... Wink
DScottOBrien
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I know this thread is 8 years old, but can someone details the three known variation numbers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dice discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: