SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpazzyP
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Avatars of Esfah Reply with quote

I have been thinking about the Kings die recently and how it would be cool if there was a king for all the races. After quite a bit of thinking on it I came up with this idea. The Avatars of Esfah.

There would be one for each color. Each one would be the Avatar of either Ailuril, Firiel, Aguarehl, Eldurim, or Death. It would be like them sending help to their children. For each color one face would represent a different race. Take for example Eldurim or gold. On his die would be Dwarves, Feral, Treefolk, and goblins, one face would be the I.D. and the other most likely the SFR logo. The four races would bring back units just like the kings die. the SFR logo would do the same as well but only with those four races. The I.D. have something to do with the color of the die. I'm thinking perhaps it could cast a staple spell or maybe work like a 8 or 9 point cantrip that can cast any of its races beneficial spells.

There would be a few problems. The main on being why would Eldurim help goblins? But then again they were on the origanal Kings die with coral elves and Dwarves.

The other problem is Death. He has five races belonging to him so maybe the I.D. would be able to summon undead back, since the I.D. would look like a massive skeleton anyway.

All in all I like the idea. If you want to try it out the easiest way I've thought to do it is to take a Dragonkin Champ and designate what each side would do. For example his I.D. would be the I.D., the logo the logo, the wings the Goblins, the breath the Dwarves, the claw the Feral, and the Belly the Treefolk. This way you don't have to mess with stickers or anything.

So let me know what you think and tell me how they worked out if you played them in a game.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elemental 'Royalty' dice has always been an option and proposed a few times before. the problem here (like so many great ideas) is cost to profit. The expected sales on dice such as these just don't meet the costs it would require to make new molds and meet a minimum qty....
SpazzyP
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I am aware of the cost of making new die. But it is still fun to dream.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpazzyP wrote:
Unfortunately I am aware of the cost of making new die. But it is still fun to dream.
I agree and I always try to find ways to make the missing dice.

5th monsters, royalty, champions, several other good ideas that just aren't produce-able due to costs...

but if you try hard enough and wait sometimes you will find a way...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Variations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: