SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Product Releases and PAX East
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Strange as it may sound, we were told that when we went from 4 different monsters in the mold to 5 different, we had to go from a 30 cavity mold to a 40 cavity mold. Rolling Eyes I doubt that was really the case, but that's what we were told. In any case, now all monster molds have 40 cavities.

And yes, that means in order to make the fifth monsters, SFR had to make a new mold for each of those five first races. So keep buying dice.... Very Happy

Oh okay... I'll keep buying dice...

Since new molds had to be made, did you add the rarity marker to the rare dice for these two races? Very Happy

I might have to shop around and find some elf starters somewhere. I'm just an eagle knight and highland temple away from having one complete demo set, but oh so far away from having all of the goblins and dwarves I need... But I guess I can just pick up a lot of dwarf and goblin kickers when they come out to get a complete demo kit of those races. (And by complete, I mean the recommended army makeup. Until then, I'll just be tossing something else in in place of the missing dice.)
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't want to change the existing dice. Of course, as stated earlier in this thread, we marked the next dice with a dot (or circle) to show that they are "uncommon" in rarity.

While we are out of those two starters, I know there are more still in the distribution channel. If you ask your local store, they should be able to order some.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can get them through our store. BUT what does this mold hick up mean to the consumer? I mean as far as the release date/rarity/cost.

Also, when do we get to see a picture of the 'Cannibal'? I was more hoping it would have been an 'Orc' or 'Orc Chieften' but lets see it anyway!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skawilly wrote:
I mean as far as the release date/rarity/cost.

eh? didn't all the previous posts answer these queries?

Quote:

Also, when do we get to see a picture of the 'Cannibal'? I was more hoping it would have been an 'Orc' or 'Orc Chieften' but lets see it anyway!
the name Cannibal has been part of the mythology for years, we couldn't change it now.

As for seeing it, be patient, be patient. There is a planned teaser release.
Drachenwurfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgott one Important Thing Cliff:
... or become a Stockholder Twisted Evil
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i read through the forums all is clear. Still... You should just mail me one of each post-protyped, so that I can add them to my collection. I appreciate it.
jedijon
dragonsteed

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I miss something regarding replacement of the starter elements required to play the game?

Dragons
Lands

With all the starters out of print - and being ?replaced? by kickers - how will a new player start playing the game? My current assumption would be kickers first - a small drought of starters - finalize 3rd edition rules - re-release starters of some type; probably just one SKU w/randomized racial inserts...
Treius
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a PAX East convert! I've already got a bunch of dice on order from my FLGS, and hoping to pick them up today!
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedijon wrote:
Did I miss something regarding replacement of the starter elements required to play the game?

Dragons
Lands

With all the starters out of print - and being ?replaced? by kickers - how will a new player start playing the game? My current assumption would be kickers first - a small drought of starters - finalize 3rd edition rules - re-release starters of some type; probably just one SKU w/randomized racial inserts...

I don't think they will run out of starters any time soon The SSvs Amazons and the Feral Vs Undead are plenty in stock. Chuck said in another thread that there is 3 years worth of stock left out of both types of starters. He also stated that there will still be starters even after that. What they will be no one knows yet.

So Starters are not going to be eliminated from the game.
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm a PAX East convert! I've already got a bunch of dice on order from my FLGS, and hoping to pick them up today!

What packs did you grab? Anything like the race you played when you had a demonstration?
Treius
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up an undead v feral at the show, and I've got two more on order plus some treefolk kickers.

I played the swampstalkers in the demo but I didn't really get a feel for the race. After talking with Chuck I decided to try the ferals, and so far I like them in theory but I haven't had a chance to play a game with them yet.

I'm really excited about the game and looking forward to meeting more players.

Skawilly wrote:
Quote:

What packs did you grab? Anything like the race you played when you had a demonstration?
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After talking with Chuck I decided to try the ferals

Of course... hehehe Thats his signature so I hear. Ill find out at GenCon to be sure.

Treefolk and Ferals work very well together good choice friend!
Drachenwurfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you sell the new Dice near Gencon cause its Tradition or cause you don´t have them?
I really would like to buy some Dragon Diceâ„¢ at the moment, but only for 4 or 5 product it make no sense so order from Germany.
But if you would make at least one of the new produkts available, that would be grate.
DialFforFunky
rare

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Drachenwürfel, I'm waiting for GenCon to place a new order, if you want to join then we can split the shipping costs. In fact, the more people you can find to join, the better (like the 'Dutch Order' from last year). That is, if you can wait that long. I don't suppose the product is ready yet though.

F
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Product will not be here until just before GenCon.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Drachenwurfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: