SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple of ideas, just curious for some thoughts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:25 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gaming experience is online, so almost nil. Basically games I've read from the forums. Razz But it does seem to me that gold medallions are overpowered for what a 4-point die should be able to provide. With almost no way to remove the medallion from play, being able to constantly recover your dead and buried units is very powerful, especially in wars of aggression, as you effectively have little to no net loss while you can still slowly bury opponent's units.
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of unintended consequences. If you change the medallion to 2 health returned, then it cannot bring back rares or monsters. If you allow it to recruit or promote, it still means that an all monster army cannot use the gold medallion.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too sure about them yet, Mr. Wiggs. This is just a general consensus. I think if you made them 2 points that would be 'Fun'. Gold/Silver ressing/summoning 2 would be cool. Their SAI's would be toned to 2 points. However, there is a drawback then at that point the bronze cantrip would take a huge hit. Though 2 point medallions, their flurrys would be 2.

Actually this is a sick idea. Blade golems would make a come back. They are worthless right now vs. a gold. Hmmm... the mind reels.... I was not actually looking into nerfing the medallions. I was just looking into making the silver on par. This is pretty sweet.
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
Beware of unintended consequences. If you change the medallion to 2 health returned, then it cannot bring back rares or monsters. If you allow it to recruit or promote, it still means that an all monster army cannot use the gold medallion.

I was thinking about this. One thought I had was maybe allowing a player to bring back 1 unit from the DUA? Something else to playtest. If you're resurrecting # of units instead of health points, it hurts playing it with common/uncommons. But if you do health points, 4 points of res is powerful (12 magic points!)
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there are always trolls for your all monster army. So it would restrict that army style to trolls, however, it would give power to the blade golem. Thats a good unintended happening. Thats what play testing is all about.

Also, I was thinking about a nerfed bronze medallion. It would actually be kinda cool to implement a 2 point cantrip into the game.

The way our group play tests, we get a realistic proposal. We simply implement the idea as if it were official. And then just play with normal army building rules. That way, over a period of time I can see if its being used too much, not enough or when its used whats going on. Plus its placed into real scenarios and nothing is engineered.

I need to take a small step back for a second though. I have to ask the Board whats possible, whats likely and whats not going to happen. Its going to get to the point where my group does not even play by the official rules, and I dont want to ruin their gaming experience for my personal data gain.

The current proposal of minors is working out actually, completely. So far, with you guys nerfing the idea to not rerolling has not be a problem.

We can change the entire medallion thing to 2 points, and 1 point of kin on the silver, 2 points on the gold and bronze. That sounds like a plan.

Good feedback. Really good feedback.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckpint wrote:
true...

rez one unit? that would make it worthless for all common armies...
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:28 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
chuckpint wrote:
true...

rez one unit? that would make it worthless for all common armies...
And that's bad, why? Besides, if you put in a medallion it's no longer an all common army.... Razz
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Dice™, 20,000 Daemon Dice™, and others (too many to count).
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

note: i know we have lots of threads all discussion medallions right now, but if we chnage one to be less health, it doesn't mean the others will affect less health. so a bronze may still do 4 cantrip and the silver may still affect 4 health.. or maybe less.

they need to be balanced individually.
Skawilly
rare
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many options. I like that thinking though, Mr. Wiggs. Balance them indi style.

Hmmm which direction should I take? I need to rethink this new info. When something looks good ill re-submit it to the proposal.

Ill give you guys credit. Its hard work moving things along and also in a good direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Game Variations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: