SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Events Gencon 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 am GMT    Post subject: Pre-Events Gencon 2013 Reply with quote

ok, event registration snuck up on me this year (or its a bit earlier than normal)...

Based on the feed back I've gotten this is what I'm suggesting... I would like your feedback.

This is our 'normal' size of five tables.

Playtest Events:
IMKEEPINGITASECRET! - upto 2 per day

Novice Events:
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Upto 3 per day
WOULDNTYOULIKETOKNOW - Upto 2 per day
Campaigns of Esfah - one on Thurs & Sat

Constructed Events:
Single Race - Thursday day
Multi-Player - Friday day
Campaigns of Esfah - Friday sometime
No Magicians! - Saturday Morning
World Championship - Saturday day
Battlefest - Saturday night

Sealed Events:
Sealed Plus-Stay on the Path - Friday Morning
Sealed Team - Friday night: A new event requires a multiple of four players
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA - Saturday day and Thursday night
Sealed Single - Sunday

Not playing this year:
Playtest: Quests - I can't continue to playtest this with different rules EVERY YEAR. So I'm giving it a year off for some set of rules to firm up and we can test a more final version in 2014.

Sealed Plus XL - Forest Fires! - Too chaotic

Sealed Starter Box - We are down to just two starters, time to move on

Sealed Plus-Fire in the Sky! - We are down to just two starters, time to move on

Worst Army - To be good at it was just too frustrating
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there!

As always I'm leaving my Sat open just for Dragon Diceā„¢ so make sure all the good events are then!
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias Maccabeus wrote:

As always I'm leaving my Sat open just for Dragon Diceā„¢™ so make sure all the good events are then!

Are you playing that morning in the 9am event? I usually just alternate single race and no magicians, but you can give a preference if you want.

BTW - we are considering doing one of the Campaigns events in the board game hall, so if we can make sure you get all of your players of 'that other game' Mr. Green to come try it out!
MikeD
common
Stockholder

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have a work trip the whole month of August Sad. Won't know until funding situation clarifies a bit. Would love to be a GENCON if I can.
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeD wrote:
I may have a work trip the whole month of August Sad. Won't know until funding situation clarifies a bit. Would love to be a GENCON if I can.
We would love to have you!
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:

As always I'm leaving my Sat open just for Dragon Diceā„¢™™ so make sure all the good events are then!

Are you playing that morning in the 9am event? I usually just alternate single race and no magicians, but you can give a preference if you want.

BTW - we are considering doing one of the Campaigns events in the board game hall, so if we can make sure you get all of your players of 'that other game' Mr. Green to come try it out!

I enjoyed single race this year (even though I forgot my single race army and had to just use boosters...)

You know I will.

Did you ever hear from Derek this year? I heard zilch. This snuck up on me as well. I've got lots of work to do before Fri!
HeroScape - Tree Town Open Champion (2008, 2016), Nebraska Skirmish Champion (2008, 2010) GenCon LightWeight Champion (2009), GenCon General Wars (Aquilla Champion 2009) GenCon Unique Hero Champion (2009, 2010)
Dragon Diceā„¢ - Gen Con Worlds Champion 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 O Town 2013 Overall Winner
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever hear from Derek this year? I heard zilch. This snuck up on me as well. I've got lots of work to do before Fri!
I did not. If the 'new year' email from Gencon hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't've thought of it for a few more weeks. he tends to just post stuff on his forum and expect everyone to check and read every post.

I'm already preparing for arguing with him again this year. he doesn't understand that when I want four tables I don't want three in a row and one on the other side of an aisle (which is how he numbers the tables). I want tables 1,2,11 and 12 which are the four tables that i can stand and touch all at the same time. But he's so used to getting emails from people who DON'T know better way that its hard to get him to understand that we DO know a better way. I understand the difficulty of his job more than most, which is why I always strive to fill 5 tables all weekend long and then he assigns us first which puts us closest to the door
Mr. Green

and I notice they didn't do a stress test this year either. so I hope it doesn't crash over the weekend...
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see a sealed battle of the Elves tournament featuring new Coral Elf and Lava Elf kickers! And I would play it any day you held it!

Smile
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
I would LOVE to see a sealed battle of the Elves tournament featuring new Coral Elf and Lava Elf kickers! And I would play it any day you held it!

Smile
Just elves vs elves?

We never got to do a dwarf vs goblin, so I was looking forward to seeing all these 5th monsters in a sealed format.

however, I supposed I could do a 'sealed elder races'

Did you like the 30 health format we did last year in the sealed single or would you prefer to pay a little more and do a 45 health format (three kickers)
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:

Just elves vs elves?

Shocked

Yeah! Maybe we get some elves after all!!!

I liked the 30 health. Probably not a fan of 45 health... although picking 36 health out of your 45 health (3 sealed kickers) and running a standard health game could be fun!
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoesan wrote:
cliffwiggs wrote:

Just elves vs elves?

Shocked

Yeah! Maybe we get some elves after all!!!

I liked the 30 health. Probably not a fan of 45 health... although picking 36 health out of your 45 health (3 sealed kickers) and running a standard health game could be fun!
I could do it, but the event would be close to 10 generics ($20) to cover the cost of three kickers and terrains and dragons. I worry people wouldn't be inclined to play in such an expensive event.
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the kickers available included Elves??!! Very Happy
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got a Leviathan or Lurker, I'd pay $20... Laughing
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds would only be 38% to get one.
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:

So if I bought 3 tickets...
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:

77%
Matthias Maccabeus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
cliffwiggs wrote:

77%

So I'm guessing we could do this all day...
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 tickets...

This year my GenCon weekend is free. I'm already looking at airfare. Cool

$400 on Priceline. Not bad for a full weekend of Dragon Diceā„¢ gaming... Hrmm...

I've never done any events, so I don't know that I'd have any preferences on what you have there.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolus wrote:
7 tickets...

This year my GenCon weekend is free. I'm already looking at airfare. Cool

$400 on Priceline. Not bad for a full weekend of Dragon Diceā„¢™ gaming... Hrmm...

I've never done any events, so I don't know that I'd have any preferences on what you have there.
Get it before its gone!
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
Get it before its gone!

No kidding! After that ticket, the next one is for $5-600. It's still hard to justify so much money for a ticket when my focus is one game for a weekend. But it is one of my favorite games that I also rarely get to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: