SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daemon Diceâ„¢

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 am GMT    Post subject: Daemon Diceâ„¢ Reply with quote

So on the Face Book page I saw a photo of one of the booths and on a white board i saw Daemon Diceâ„¢. So i was wondering would this be a Kickstarter project?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,

http://sfr-inc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4126&highlight=&sid=24425fc6c105afe543bbb87e9d638769

However that is not to say that we aren't considering a kickstarter project...
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I like about kickstarter is it seems to give a lot of visibility to good games. So I think that will be the greatest contribution SFR could gain if we take that route.

A recent very successful kickstarter campaign was Dungeon Roll by Tasty Minstrel Games. That link goes to the updates page, which I think could be valuable to read (actually, a few of them stand out as valuable over the rest, most are just saying "We are awesome and broke another stretch goal in a day"). But there's a few posts in there about where people are coming from to their kickstarter project, which gives an idea of where to advertise. Also, how they break down their kickstarter incentives. The latter you guys probably don't need as much as the former.

But the current negatives of kickstarter are potentially very big negatives:
- Free shipping in US is expected. This can either drive up the cost of pledge levels to more than people want to pay, or cut into profit margins too much, or even to the point of losing money.
- Backing a project is expected by most people to be more profitable for them than it is to wait until a release of the project. So this could mean acquiring a copy of the game/product at a cheaper price than MSRP, or to some, cheaper than the 20-35% discounted rates most online retailers put on MSRP. It could also mean kickstarter exclusives, which could be detrimental to the future of the game and making it available to everyone. If it's cheaper for me to buy it retail and I get the same stuff, why would I ever pledge?
- Stretch goals are coming to be expected. Depending on how much of this game's future is planned out, it may be possible to take advantage of this. Or it may just be another hindrance.

So kickstarter can be a great idea, but given the current state of game kickstarter projects, it may not be the best idea. Definitely worth considering, and the board probably is thinking about most of what I said already, but there's my input. Smile
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't go into a lot of detail, but yes we are aware of all those issues and are watching some of our peers very carefully on their projects.

We are limited in our rewards. We would never make a game changing reward that isn't available after the kickstart ends. That limits us to non-game related items (tshirt,die roller, poster, etc.) or to alternate inks that are kickstarter (or tournament prize) only.

Expecting 30% off MSRP is just unrealistic and offering fixed sets of a randomized product eats into our potential sales a lot.

So we are going very slow and conservative in this area.
dutchjohn
common

netherlands.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

necro demon dice into Daemon Diceâ„¢ is really cool but now I no longer wonder but know you guys are dice game experts and excelent necromancers.

another dice game that was fun is the star trek dice game (well I had fun all 3 times I played it)

another dice game, that was designed with a friendly aquaintance of mine kris burm, is dicemaster

well I'll just await the kickstarter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Totally off-topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: