SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Pulls, what have you got lately?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Decepticons
dragonmount

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a long day at work i come home to find the case of Frostwings that ive been waiting on, sitting on the kitchen table. Twenty minutes later, and 12 kickers later, here's the damage. Been holding off on a case for a bit really. just couldnt quite swing it in the budget the last bit. That being said, i decided to splurge this time, since next month im going to have another major hobby purchase happen. As for Dragon Diceâ„¢, wonderful product BTW, I had to squeeze one in there somewhere. Ill most likely get another case soon enough too. Perhaps a second of Frostwings. I was really hoping for a Magi, but alas... not one to be seen.

An odd thing of note though... i opened a kicker which contained 5 Commons and only 1 Uncommon. Has anyone else ever seen this happen before? I guess though i cant complain. The first kicker i opened had a Frost Ogre. Very Happy
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told I have to stop whining about the Unicorn now...

Bought a case of Goblins at PAX East. No Harpies, 2 Shamblers...

2 Cannibals

3 Death Nagas

5 Trolls.

Cliff said it was the luckiest case pull he'd ever seen.

(Also got 3 Leopard Riders and 9 Pelters (inside family joke).)
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Decepticons
dragonmount

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

still chasing the mythical beast ddicer?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Decepticons wrote:

An odd thing of note though... i opened a kicker which contained 5 Commons and only 1 Uncommon. Has anyone else ever seen this happen before?

I can't say that I haven't seen it before, but it is definitely not very common. I think I've seen it maybe twice over the years (not always with Frostwings)

As for the Magi. You got the Frost Ogre, which is just as lucky (if not what you wanted)
The Decepticons
dragonmount

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Cliff. No worries on that. I'm thankfully glad I did get the Frost Ogre, even if I didn't get a Magi. I know they are basically both the same rarity, and honestly went in, when I started opening, expecting neither. My frost wings race split is most likely going to be 8-4-2-1, so since I needed 2 I was hoping I might get a magi out if the way first. But it's all good. Other than the odd uncommon/common swap I'm pretty satisfied with it.

In a roughly related note though, when Scalders hits the store again... You're going to end up taking all of my paychecks. :p
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Decepticons wrote:

In a roughly related note though, when Scalders hits the store again... You're going to end up taking all of my paychecks. :p

Based on your previous note that might be an issue for you. I'm expecting to be able to mail out both the scalders and the new amazons around the first week of June (It's a slow boat).

So start saving now!

I might even put up a pre-order for scalders if you want to get them as fast as you can!
Cat
dragonsteed

luxembourg.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pax East is just a very lucky place to buy dice, everyone should come here next year!

Last year, my budget was really tight, bought 2 kickers yielding a Behemoth and a Troll.

A bit more funds this year (but Kickstarter had just eaten my gaming budget with Forgotten King), 4 kickers with 2 Gargoyles, Cannibal, and Drider; and 2 Amazon/Swampy Starters with a Centaur. And all the packs did very well for filling in shortages to balance out my assortment of all sizes of D6's too.
The Decepticons
dragonmount

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
The Decepticons wrote:

Based on your previous note that might be an issue for you. I'm expecting to be able to mail out both the scalders and the new amazons around the first week of June (It's a slow boat).

So start saving now!

I might even put up a pre-order for scalders if you want to get them as fast as you can!

Ah, thanks for giving me the heads up Cliff. Amazons i figured id probably get a case of on release, just for the chance of chasing an Inferno and some Faeries. Though, if you figure that Scalders are going to go back up at about the same time that the Amazon kickers go live... than i think that ill perhaps hold off on the amazons for the first small bit and try my rediculiously bad luck at a race that i have no dice for yet.

Dont worry about the preorder, ill take care of it when i can. As for that though, if i did, when would i get charged on my card for it. Immediately or when they would be ready to ship?

Either way, thanks for the heads up. I was going to ask if there was some type of ETA at some point soon. Have to take care of a large Deadpool order for Heroclix, that i preordered back in october. But when that's clear and before the boat shows up, ill make sure you get a fat stack of bills. Smile
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Decepticons wrote:
if i did, when would i get charged on my card for it. Immediately or when they would be ready to ship?
Because we use Paypal, they would charge it immediately. They don't technically allow for pre-orders. They like you to ship the product immediately, but doing it this way allows us to get the right number of people and boxes ready for the day the pallets arrive on our stoop.
speedracer0024

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Scalder and 4 Frostwing kickers:

Ettercap/Charkin
Ettercap/Blazer
Sad

Wolf Pack/Devastator
Wolf Pack/Assailer
Cryohydra/Assailer
Yeti/Assailer
Confused

Also had one Battle Chest in there. At least I know I got closer to the predicted odds in that one, right? Smile
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:23 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedracer0024 wrote:

At least I know I got closer to the predicted odds in that one, right? Smile

I wouldn't say that. You pretty much nailed the predicted odds with the Scalders/Frostwings pulls!
orabbi

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Scalder Pull Reply with quote

Got my box of scalder kickers today, pulled 2 Unseelie Faerie but no Inferno.
McSeb
dragonsteed

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently found a sealed TSR Undead kicker on eBay and couldn't resist.

When I opened it I was pleasantly surprised to find a Dracolich! To think, whoever had this sealed kicker all these years had no idea what lurked within!

Pictures: the bag looks like it's ripped open but it's just over-sealed and has split along the seal. Paulvonscott can verify this pull! Opened it in his excellent store Midlam Miniatures in North East England.

Arctorus
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed four Kicker Packs as I eased myself back into Dragon Diceâ„¢, two of which were Amazons. In my collection I had exactly 3 Amazon dice (1 Harbinger, 1 Seer and 1 Charioteer - all obtained in a TSR-era Monsters & Amazons Kicker Pack). The first SFR-era Amazon Kicker I opened was the first pack of Dragon Diceâ„¢ I've opened since 1996 - so it's been quite a while!

2 Seers
2 Darters
1 Visionary
1 Javelineer
1 Harbinger
Nightmare

That was pretty exciting to get the new 5th monster!

The second Amazon Kicker contained a mutated assortment. Instead of 4-2-1 it was 3-3-1:

1 Darter
1 Soldier
1 Runner
2 Battle Rider
1 Visionary
1 Spearer
Hydra
Drachenwurfel
uncommon
Stockholder

germany.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Case of Amazons, and 2 Kickers of Scalders.

Its unbelievable, But After opening Nine of the Amazones and both Scalders i got:

2 Nightmare
1 Chimera

And

1 Unseely Faery!!!!!

I got really Lucky pulls by the 5th Monsters, but thats the Best of all..
The Decepticons
dragonmount

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Distributor Lion Rampart Imports, here in Canada, has possibly restocked some of their Dragon Diceâ„¢ products. I figured that if i left several kickers sitting on backorder for a while they might actually do something about it. Anyway, was 3 kickers each of Dwarves and Goblins. They dont have many of the races listed at all, and still list the discontinued starters.

My pulls were;

skirmisher, roc
crackshot, umber hulk
skirmisher, gargoyle

marauder, troll
marauder, troll
filcher, cannibal

I actually needed the Umber Hulk, and the Cannibal was a great pull.

Hopefuly this means that they've restocked some, and any canadian who may need a dice fix can talk to their local store about doing an order soon enough.
Cat
dragonsteed

luxembourg.gif
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Amazon Kickers just arrived at my FLGS, Pandemonium. I'd pre-ordered 6 kickers to see how my pulls went before buying more. Got the 6 boxes I really wanted!

For dice I was particularly looking for, pulled 1 Nightmare, 2 Wardrivers, 1 Harbinger, and 2 Spearers.

Previously, out of 9 rares, I only had 1 each of the Wardriver and Harbinger (and those were both late acquisitions!). My bell curve on buying Amazon Starter has been harsh. Previously had 3 Spearers, but it's alway nice to have those for Reserve artillery fire, or for the Home Tower.
Loaded--Dice
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received the case of Treefolk I ordered.
Pulled 2 Unicorns. ^^
rkalajian

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled a Phoenix from my first Firewalker Kicker ever. Didn't even know it was a fairly rare die until I started looking around here.

Now I have 2! (I got one at PAX East this year)
shoesan
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:41 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just opened a case of Amazons (actually, my daughter opened them for me), and out of the twelve kickers, I got 4 Nightmares and 2 Chimera. That is about double what I was hoping for! 😀
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dice discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: