SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAX Prime 2013 post-Convention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dproman
common
Rep Dragon

sweden.gif
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 pm GMT    Post subject: PAX Prime 2013 post-Convention Reply with quote

As for PAX Prime 2013, all I can say is wow! Shocked

Thank You:
Thank you to all of our volunteers (we had five this year!! Very Happy , not counting myself), I couldn't have done without you! Dolus came up from San Diego CA. He was my room-mate and my right hand man this year! Thank You so much Travis! There was a Kevsquatch sighting at PAX! Laughing Thank You Kevin for being with us this year! It was great fun! Skawilly was (as always) a welcome addition (as well as comic relief) and a rock solid core for our group! NMcCoy as we have come to expect (& respect) brought his passion for DD along with more new ideas/suggestions for the game that we all love! MitchB1990 is our new rep in the Seattle area (we finally got one up here Very Happy)! He is an art student with a tremendous passion for helping Dragon Diceâ„¢ flourish! He brought some new brochure ideas/samples as well as some awesome Dragon Shields! His artwork definitely stopped foot traffic a few times.
Thank You Cliff for providing us with everything needed to pull off such an event! Product to sell, Daemon Diceâ„¢ promos to hand out, but most important, the banners that helped us be more visible than years past!
Thank You! Very Happy
With such a fine group of people, how could we be anything but successful, and we definitely were! Before I get too far ahead of myself, let me give you a little background.

The convention:
PAX Prime for the past 4 years that I've represented SFR Inc., has been held at the WSCC (Washington State Convention Center) in Seattle, WA. It is a multi-level complex (6 floors). The 4th floor is the main exhibit hall/area for the electronic attractions/vendors. The 2nd floor is where Table Top gaming is located, and it is not subject to exhibit hall hours (so, we could stay until 12am, if we so chose). Also on the second floor with us, was our primary retailer, Uncle's Games. Uncle's also provided us (free of charge) some demo space (as their schedule permitted) inside their 'store'. I let Mitch handle this task as his main goal was to establish contacts (in the Seattle area) and to try to build a local group of players. PAX Prime continues to grow each year, and as a result, it satellites to more hotels and venues to accommodate the masses. One of the hotels (The Olive 8 ) had a huge room which housed all of the table top tournaments. Friday and Saturday night I held a 3-hour Novice tournament/event. Friday, we only had 4 people stay for the entire event, but Saturday was a different story. I only had enough dice for 12 players max. We had over 16 players show up! We (unfortunately) had to turn players away Sad . Sunday night we held an Open Invitational Tournament to attract novice and veteran players alike.

Like all major conventions, the more volunteers we have, the more events we could host. If we have as many volunteers next year as we did this year, I will definitely have to write a schedule for the demo table as well as add more novice events! (This is a great problem to have!)

Overall, PAX Prime was a tremendous success! Many PAX attendees will definitely be looking for us next year, so we can't disappoint. Please join us next year, if you can.

Thank you to all PAX volunteers, SFR Inc. staff & volunteers and PAX attendees for making this such a great event!
Hope to see you next year!
-Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: