SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make Dragon Diceâ„¢ as popular as Dungeons and Dragons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eggsaladsandwich
uncommon

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:43 pm GMT    Post subject: How to make Dragon Diceâ„¢ as popular as Dungeons and Dragons Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I have harped on this many times in the past , but, although this game has a special place in my collection, it just doesn't have the "Wow, this is a great game!" factor. Part of that is the "turtle problem", which is being discussed elsewhere on the forum. However I think most of the problem keeping this game from becoming as big as D&D is, IMHO, the lack of literary support. Maybe some more books (any authors out there?) but I think this game would benefit enormously by a hardbound, official, completely illustrated new strategy and rule guide....just look at how many user handbooks are still sold in D&D. And they keep raking in more every time they come out with a new edition. I just think you guys are missing the boat on this. If you make a strat guide cool enough, kids will buy it first, then start investing in the dice. You need to find a way of connecting the public with the dice, on a closer level than "oooh, this is a rare die, worth a lot of money" . The easiest way of doing this is by publishing a book or books with back history to the characters and monsters of this great game. I have to believe this is much cheaper than new dies for new dice, am I wrong? At the bare minimum, but not as effective, a pdf of this sort is warranted is it not? Seriously, I have been a fan since 1994 and am still waiting for this game to hit it big, as it should. TSRs mistake was that they are to wrapped up in D&D, SFR doesn't have that excuse. Lets get some published literary support for this game please! Shocked
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you said: any authors out there? We can't publish what we don't have.

And we don't have any of TSR's excuses, we have a bunch of reasons all our own. Not the least of which is 'free cash flow'. We can't publish what we can't pay for.

I know these last few years haven't been super exciting with more reprints than new expansions, but consider where we were just six years ago. We did have to borrow to remake the starters and now we've done the goblins, dwarves, coral elves, lava elves, frostwings AND battlechest in just 24 months W/O having to borrow anything!

That is a great improvement and the next 24 months are just going to get better. Yes, we have a few more things to reprint first, but exciting things are coming and we look on target to be able to afford them!

So if you are an author and want to talk to us, PLEASE DO!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> General Questions about SFR All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: