SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King's Die

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmscaf

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 am GMT    Post subject: King's Die Reply with quote

I just acquired two King's Die....well 3 total now. I'm recently getting back into Dragon Diceâ„¢ as I've taken a 10 year break from it =p Are these die rare, popular, or just eh? I ask because I may be trading them, but unsure if it's worth it...etc
tmscaf

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 am GMT    Post subject: King's Die Reply with quote

I recently made a post, and didn't see it go up, so I'm unsure if maybe I didn't post it.... So apologies if this is repeated

Anyways, after a 10 year break from Dragon Diceâ„¢, I came back. And loving it more now, than I did years ago.
I've been trying to beef up my army, and just get different kinds of dice in general.
Well....recently I went on ebay and acquired 2 King's die for $25. First off, is that good? And secondly, how important/how big of a role has the King's die played in your guy's games? Just wanting some feedback on this die.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently they are simply 'rare'.

This is the only die that is currently 'out of print' with no plans in motion to bring it back.

The reason for that is three fold: its not that popular, the rules aren't that great, there are more important things to be working on.

that being said... I can see a future where it might be brought back into the game, but I also see a future where it may just drift away...

I don't like the 2nd option as SFR prides itself that after all these years we have never banned or retired or excluded a game component...
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 am GMT    Post subject: Re: King's Die Reply with quote

tmscaf wrote:
So apologies if this is repeated
new user accounts have to be manually approved to make sure you aren't a spammer or a robot.

I've approved your account and merged the two topics. you won't have the issue again.

now as for costs.... a die is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. everyone has a different opinion for every die.
tmscaf

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, hehe, thanks Cliff. I saw after I made my second post that it needed approved =p Sorry about that :/
Either way, thank you for the response.
Loadedtroll
dragonfoal

usa.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets necro this thread, shall we. I haven't played this game in years, but just found some dice at a goodwill and found three of these King's Dice. Anyway, to the point. I noticed that all of the icons were uniform except one, where the coral elf faces the TSR logo instead of the Amazon like the other two. Is this a known misprint?
chuckpint
White Dragon
SFR President
Site Admin

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would not be considered a misprint, but a variation. Check my website for all the known variations of the Kings' Die.
Single Race Champion GenCon 2008-2009, Sealed Box Champion GenCon 2007,2009,
My collection is 21,500 Dragon Diceâ„¢, 20,000 Daemon Diceâ„¢, and others (too many to count).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dice discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: