SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medallions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crim86
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:29 am GMT    Post subject: Medallions... Reply with quote

So from what I've read, medallions are uber powerful "component class" dice.
Is there a difference between the metals as to what they do? Or is that just a rarity scale? Also, how does one get a medallion now...? I've only found them on ebay, very rarely and the bidding is ruthless...
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

easiest way to get them...

http://www.sfr-inc.com/cart/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=61

What they do...

http://www.sfr-inc.com/StarterRules.pdf

But to make it easier for you:

Quote:

Medallions are metallic, not elemental, 4-point magical items that come in three colors: bronze, silver or gold.
Medallions are considered to be “colorless” for purposes of the 1:1 unit to magic item ratio. Thus, a unit of any race
can “carry” a medallion. When assembling your armies, the bronze medallion has a magic point value of 4.
SFR/TSR Logo
Flurry
Sortie
Wayfare

Quote:

SFR/TSR Logo (Bronze Medallion):
Normal (magic action); Unique (non-magic action,
save, or non-maneuver avoidance)
During a magic action, generates magic results of any color. During any non-magic action,
save roll, or non-maneuver avoidance roll, counts as a Cantrip that can cast any color spell
from the spell lists (basic or racial).
SFR/TSR Logo (Gold Medallion):
Special (any non-maneuver)
During any non-maneuver roll, returns one non-dragonkin buried unit to the DUA or you may
immediately bring back up to four health-worth of units from your DUA to the army carrying
this medallion.
SFR/TSR Logo (Silver Medallion):
Special (any non-maneuver)
During any non-maneuver roll, returns one buried magical item to the army this medallion is
a part of or one buried Dragonkin to the summoning pool.

You can look up the other SAI's and what the implications of being a 'Magic Item' are.

Last edited by cliffwiggs on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:42 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
Dolus
rare

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get them on the SFR Store online. They're pretty reasonable and no bidding is going on.

http://www.sfr-inc.com/cart/index.php?cPath=25&osCsid=3411c83aff38d388d79e2efa99ef824d

There's no rarity difference, but they have different abilities, as you guessed.

Page 47 and 48 of the rulebook says what each one does, the TSR face at least.

The Bronze medallion counts as magic/cantrip of any color.
The Silver medallion returns buried items to play or buried dragonkin to the summoning pool.
The Gold medallion revives up to 4 health of units or brings buried units back to the DUA.
Crim86
dragonmount

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, I can't believe I missed them in the store... well, I know what's getting tacked onto my next shopping spree! Thanks guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Dice discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: