SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pax East 2104 - Boston April 11th to 13th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:47 am GMT    Post subject: Pax East 2104 - Boston April 11th to 13th Reply with quote

Putting a call out for Pax East volunteers.

I've got room for 2 or 3 more.

Get yourself there and feed yourself.

I can offer you a badge and crash space and the opportunity to get first look at whatever we have that no one else has seen yet...
ddicerc
rare
Public Relations Director
Esteemed Author

stkitts_nevis.gif
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking a few details, but I can almost definitely make it for Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, as the Friday is the last day before our spring break, I'm stuck by new state guidelines at work, but I can give you two days this year.

I don't know if I'll have any kids available; it depends on their college schedules.
(Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...)
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cat
dragonsteed

luxembourg.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, glad you're coming back! Hope to play some games on Sunday, maybe Sat morning.

Will be busy X-Winging at other times.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will always attempt to come back. Hope to see you there! You should check out the Daemon Diceâ„¢ starters we will have on hand as well.
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is tempting considering i am heading up to VT that weekend. I am sure the Wife wont mind lol
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denimwizard wrote:
This really is tempting considering i am heading up to VT that weekend. I am sure the Wife wont mind lol
We would love to see you, but I will warn you that the badges sold out VERY quickly this year. so I'm not sure you could even get in at this point... unless you find a 'helpful' person on the sidewalk who no longer needs their legally purchased badge.
Denimwizard
common

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
Denimwizard wrote:
We would love to see you, but I will warn you that the badges sold out VERY quickly this year. so I'm not sure you could even get in at this point... unless you find a 'helpful' person on the sidewalk who no longer needs their legally purchased badge.

Ahh damn i didn't realize they had an attendance cap. Oh well going to try and see if any one will play at the local store on National Board Game Day Saturday.
Cat
dragonsteed

luxembourg.gif
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be doing the 'build your own starter' option or anything similar this year?

Any chance monster singles or grab bags will be available? Particularly for the 1st 5 races, which I have from the days of old and am terribly short of accompanying monsters for them. I'm not too fussed about getting any particular ones, it just would be nice to balance out the dice piles a bit.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't chosen the details yet, but I think we will do something similar to last year.

We won't have any specific grab bags or barrel of dice like chessex does, but there may be a small pile of the common monsters available. However the uneven-ness of your monsters is probably just the rarity distribution; thus common monsters won't help you out.
Cat
dragonsteed

luxembourg.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffwiggs wrote:
Haven't chosen the details yet, but I think we will do something similar to last year.

Yay! Being able to choose the terrain dice is particularly helpful.

Quote:
However the uneven-ness of your monsters is probably just the rarity distribution; thus common monsters won't help you out.

Common Monsters would actually be helpful! I have an olde time dice horde from the before-times without Monsters in the original Starter sets, so my distribution problem is not the ordinary sort these days. Out of 8 sets of Amazons and Monsters I got 4 Goblin Monsters, 0 Amazon Monsters & Rares, a vast majority of Lava Elf Rares, and a heavy pile of Lava Elf Commons (with a corresponding shortage of Goblin Commons, but love my Trolls and Harpies).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Conventions & Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: