SFR, Inc. Forum Index SFR, Inc.
Forums that relate to SFR products

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Struggling...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antechinus
dragonfoal

australia.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:19 am GMT    Post subject: Struggling... Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I Managed to pick up a copy of this in Australia.
Looks really great and am now curious about Dragon Diceâ„¢ as well, great stuff.

Just struggling with the dice faces. The rules show 4 different starburst faces; block, deflect, stun and wound.
My starter set dice have only blocks and stuns and the dice lists on this forum only have blocks and stuns.
So how do i make this work? i can't block certain attacks without 'deflect' and can't inflict decent damage without 'wound'.
Have i picked up a dud starter? Did I miss something?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

P.S. Does anyone have the free time and skills to post a youtube play through?
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:42 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you aren't missing anything, but I can see why it is confusing.

The Deflect and Wound concepts are in the dice you have. if you notice the Pincer/Stinger can do wound damage and the Arm/Shell can do deflect.

The icons are reserved for a future expansion, but we wanted to release the concept now.

Note that you don't need wounds to win a game. Unless your opponent has a lot of resurrection type part, you can easily stun and minus them into defeat.

We haven't made any 'how to' video's yet, but there are some online games in this forum that could help you learn to play.

If I can ask, how/where did you learn about the game? I'm curious which advertising method reached you.
Antechinus
dragonfoal

australia.gif
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:56 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for that, it makes it much clearer.

I actually got interested in dice games after playing zombie dice and started doing some research and found Dragon Diceâ„¢ and the website and ordered myself some Dragon Diceâ„¢ and Daemon Diceâ„¢.

Then I found Daemon Diceâ„¢ in 'games paradise' here in Sydney so i grabbed it.

Really excited to get a few games going and maybe get some Aussies interested in this stuff
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:00 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I'm glad that we were able to get the game going so far away from where it was designed!

If you end up diving in and teaching others, we have Demo Rep programs and could eventually need someone to hold tournaments, etc.

Since you are interested, I will share some more info for you. In just a few months we will be having our booster, Fester. This is a new breed of daemon that contains the same body parts, but has a unique purebred racial ability. There are five more planned breeds and if all goes well a few more besides that.

Next year we will introduce the expansion that contains the deflect and wound icons. It will be an item based expansion that we are still playing around with the design. There will be items, shields, weapons, etc. of each bred type that can be stronger depending on who's wielding the item and who it's attacking. I think it'll be very exciting.

After that? I have a few ideas, but can't say yet!
Antechinus
dragonfoal

australia.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of my confusion and difficulty with the game arose because I didn't realise the starters were randomised.

The 2 daemons in my starter kit are a wee bit unbalanced, very offensive which makes for short games.

Hopefully when the 2nd starter pack i've ordered from you guys arrives it will let me build some more balanced daemons.

Sounds good. I think i will have to wait and do some bulk orders as the price of shipping is pretty harsh.

Looking forward to whatever you guys think of next
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbalanced? So you mind posting what you got?

Are you finding that one daemon always wins over the other or just that the games are fast?

It is designed to be a 'fast fail' game, so that you don't take a long time knowing you are going to lose.
Antechinus
dragonfoal

australia.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are very few defensive dice, with far more offensive.

I am beginning to see just how fast the fail is, but in the interest of a slightly longer game a few more defensive dice in my hand would be good.

I am finding that whoever rolls first tends to win because the 2nd player can't block any huge number of the attacks being dealt out.
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Statically four of a single type isn't exactly common, but it's not super uncommon either.

I can see how one of those daemons might prevail over the other, unfortunately the way the dice are produced we had to have random starters.

You are correct that getting to attack first is powerful, but you will notice that the most offensive body parts are not the ones which generate a lot of initiative. Something like the Spike can never generate initiative. So if you lean too far one way, you'll never get to take the first turn.
Antechinus
dragonfoal

australia.gif
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what your saying about initiative, ironically the frost demon wins a lot of initiative rolls.

Hanging out to get my hands on more dice and start building different daemons as well as get into Dragon Diceâ„¢
Antechinus
dragonfoal

australia.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to explain this to a uni friend today....

Her response...... so it's like pokemon?

Sooooo much pain
cliffwiggs
SFR Treasurer
Chief Wheedler
SDA - Rules NitPicker

usa.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antechinus wrote:

Her response...... so it's like pokemon?

Sooooo much pain

ouch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFR, Inc. Forum Index -> Help - Daemon Dice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: